Pages

Sunday, March 18

Daring



There should be a last time
As there is a first

My tiny wisdom dares say

I find no end to this unrest

The afternoon was complete

It began on purpose
But the sun went down
Bringing a sleepless clear night

And I dared say

This getting old is getting familiar

It matches
As a flower to spring

And the odds go

And so do

The losses.



Image: lady of the limbs, silence by

[My dear friends I do not expect you to comment or even read... I just need to blog, post stuff, dare... My busy life at the moment does not allow me to visit all or any of you. May I say how sorry I am for that... Hoping to catch up one day soon.
Thanks for your sympathy  and  empathy :-/
Cheers]

10 comments:

Man Named Kim said...

we are always saying goodbye to something...some end...some last time.

we age through each layer - one end to the next.

Brian Miller said...

mmm yeah as we get older we see more and more endings...i am sorry if you have experienced loss of late dulce...

Brian Miller said...

and just let it out dulce...i'll be around...smiles.

Anthony Duce said...

Wonderfully put. A theme that repeats more often these day.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Liked this - I stopped fighting the passing of time, now I let it have its way. Seems smarter,

Good poem, thanks Mosk

A Plain Observer said...

Dear Dulce, I too have been absent. However, how sweet it is to come back and read your poetry again.
Yes, there should be a last time too. I agree

aguja said...

This reminds me, in essence, of some Irish poets. The run of the lines and the easiness of the words draw me to the poem.

SILVIA said...

¡Que bueno reencontrarme con tus letras! un abrazo!

steveroni said...

Hello, YOU! Somber in tone, and yet so
pragmatic, so real...I want to say--but it's NOT the correct word--resigned.

"When one close to me has died
I die a little myself inside,
yet parting does have its charms...

Near the end
Before he was sent
you got to hold him in your arms..."

A poem I wrote years ago began this way.

KNOW THIS. In heaven, all is love, but not as we know it. The love there we had for a brother--or anyone--will be SO FAR different so sweeter than anything one could imagine. So Sweeter--look forward to that extension of the Eternity, in which we are all living, each moment!

PEACE, Dulce!
<3

JStar said...

I am the same way Dulce!!! I can only pop in once in awhile...I NEED to start posting and writing more...I have been busy performing though :-)