Pages

Monday, May 28

Got Nowhere




I got you wrong
        And so did you
                  Guess
                       we just
        misunderstood…

I looked tired ‘cause I was
                 And you thought
                     I was tired of your adoration
                                         And I thought
I’d been deprived of your affection.

               And you thought I was a fool
     While I was thinking I was a fool

                                      But I knew
                   You still admired me
                 For the things I did
              and still do..

                  Went  to sleep
              Then woke up
   You were not there
      But I knew
            you’ d been around
                           somehow
                            somewhere
                            Between your lie
                    and my truth
               your truth 
                  and my lie...

You  didn’t say a word
           Neither did I
                      Could be...
           I got you wrong
              And so did you 
                               Could be...
                                  We just again
                                        misunderstood...

..............................................................................................................................................

IMAGE:  Weaving Lace Wings by Dorina Costras

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

what a moving piece dulce...for me about perception and if only the two would have shared their views, i wonder what might have been...

Scarlet said...

Misunderstandings can cause a lot of strife ~ Even perceptions can cause sadness ~

Anthony Duce said...

Wonderful. The conversations here, that aren’t heard, take place all the time. Great title..

Timoteo said...

Communicating meaning through language is the most difficult==and most often failed endeavor we undertake.