Pages

Tuesday, June 7

poetry and so

...

Attempts to open one’s heart
To whomever.

So he said
Now that I have it all
I feel most disgraceful

the Door, 2010
That’s sad, yet
I’ll make a poem out of that

He meant it
And so did I

A poem?
Yes, poetry I write
No idea what that is…
That’s not just that


Problem is
     you can’t see poetry in me...

You do
And not realize
     have no idea
What this means
To me

Ideas I have
That’s why

I cannot conceive
You have it all
And reject to see
In you or me
The swinging power
of
     Poetry.

_______________________________________________________________________

Posted for OSW and
 Poets United,, today celebrating their first anniverssary!!!

THANKS both for letting me be part of your amazing work and recognition.
 :-)

16 comments:

Brian Miller said...

there is a certain poetry that happens when you truly see into each other...and he may have everythign he needs but he is still missing something...

dustus said...

"You do
And not realize
have no idea
What this means
To me"

Powerful. Perhaps the most important of realizations, artistically speaking. Hope life's going well, Dulce :)

Ileana said...

You, primita Dulce, most definitely have that swinging power in YOU! I'm happy to come back to this little gem you've posted...just for me, right? :)

Laura said...

poetry, song, art, beauty is illusive for some...or at least some "think" it is...it is when we stop thinking and just "open" that it all pours into our pores and ahhhhhh...yes the flow of the creative force is experienced, felt, known...even if it is never understood.

hedgewitch said...

An interesting piece, dulce--I'm thinking having it all is not so great. I like very much the way this seems to go from confusion of emotion to clarity.

Man Named Kim said...

"Problem is
you can’t see poetry in me..."


There is a world of story in that one line. A world.

Unknown said...

Beautiful:-)

signed...bkm said...

Problem is...for those who can not see poetry - how sad..for it is in everything as you a poet knows....bkm

Anonymous said...

Ah....I like the form of this very much..much like a conversation or an argument.

Actually, simply a powerful piece of work.

Lady Nyo

Pat Hatt said...

Sometimes it's a problem for some
But just keep up with the hum
And they may come around
Seeing what has been lost and now found

SILVIA said...

Tu enterita eres poesía. Besazos!!

Henry Clemmons said...

An interesting POV and place. Who can actually see the poetry in us? Maybe that's why we write. Excellent words, lines, and overall feeling. Your writing is honest and sincerre and I believe what you say.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this is beautiful...and I've come to see....the poetry in us...all of us....sweet poetry....stay strong and safe out there Dulce.....

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Beautifully written..as so often your work is here my blogger friend..xo

Rebecca said...

Hi Dulce - Hope you are doing well. This is a very lovely written piece. I've missed your words so much. Hope you are well.

rental mobil elf said...

Nice poetry, thanks.