Pages

Saturday, June 11

Solstice Drafts


What if we have a nap

    In my secret

    So secret yard

Which is not behind

Or next to any land

     Created just for me

    by the guardian spirit

What if we run

    along the notes

   played by this sea

   which is not hidden

but only we can get to see.

     It’ll be nice nice nice

          Life life life

   and listen and smell

   together

    this infatuation

which  is not forbidden

why, nobody understands

What if we play with our words

   those

   which we only infer

   and seize

What if we touch,

    caress and kiss

What if we do

and reach

     high high high

until the nap is

     inevitable?

____________________________________               PIC  > Ramon Kelley "Bronze Girl"1994

 

 

12 comments:

Scarlet said...

i can hear in my mind your words.... it is a soft melody ...

thanks for this lovely post ~

Helen said...

... a nice way to begin my Saturday!

Claudia said...

i much like the idea of having a secret yard
Which is not behind
Or next to any land...have a lovely weekend dulce

Brian Miller said...

sounds light a delightful afternoon to me...lovely dulce

Anthony Duce said...

I like all the what if’s here.

Jeff said...

what a way to end this piece..
liked the last part..
nice write..

aguja said...

'what if we run
along the notes
played by this sea'

I love those words, brilliantly placed for maximum effect. A beautiful poem, Dulce xx

K said...

The things that I like most in this poem is the rhythm. As someone has already said, this piece is very melodic.

Oh and I love the blog's new look too.

Barbara von Enger said...

Such inspirational words and so painterly and creative too. Ideal way to pass a lazy Sunday - with poetry as my companion and friend. Am off for a nap in my secret garden;-)

A Plain Observer said...

well, dear Dulce. I have wanted to take that nap and spend that time with the person I loved. It never happened, not in the way wanted, not for what I hoped. But it is a good thought to have

Shadow said...

soft as a trickling stream.... perfect!

RNSANE said...

Delighful indulgences!!