Pages

Saturday, July 23

This Owlet



You screech all night long
From dusk to dawn.
Taking over
which your nest is not.

Seems I am your prey
Despite all those mice I gave.

You try to camouflage
 stealthily moving through the dark.

 I hear every movement you make
From miles far and high away.

Stop screeching, you,
And spread those wings ajar
Having now the same feathers
You and I...

Little Night Bird,
When will you learn to rest
   On your own perch?
______________________________
Owl by Jürgen Grafe


7 comments:

aguja said...

The word 'owlet' drew me immediately to see what you had written about owlets. It so aptly describes a baby owl. The poem is fantastic, so real and imaginative.
Did you know that baby Grebes are ever demanding, too? I used to feel so for the mother Grebes, just as you feel for the mother owl.
The picture you have chosen sets it off really well.

Dulçe ♥ said...

Thank you Aguja for your comment.. I guess all mothers in Nature have the same kinda trouble :-)

Brian Miller said...

nice...love to see the owls...we get them every once in a while but not very frequently...like the art you put with it...here and at your other...

Unknown said...

Oh yes... babies and little kids do demand, don't they?

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Oh I love this beautiful Dulce..xo

Anthony Duce said...

Enjoyed. Wonderful words for the image.

steveroni said...

Whoooo? Me?
You must see
or been told
'rest' I do
all day long
upside down

as you Peeps make noise
playing with your toys

for Peeps' sake
do I stay awake
all night long
watching over the
world. So whooooo
is complaining?

--little night bird
Zzzzzzzzz!