Pages

Friday, July 24

SUMMER LUMPS


Slices of heat

Bring this summer

To my skin

And further.

Leftovers of those ‘I have to’

And alarm clocks

Do not allow me

To enjoy these spells of time thoroughly.

Yet, watching my child,

Relishing in the pool

Does so for a few minutes...

Drops of water sparking

In the middle of

The hottest day of the year.

(This woman really does remind me of the one I am).

Bits of rests of slices

Of concern of what

Remains of you

Whom I only echo

For the sake of it-

Because of the unconscious

Periods of night dreaming

Which I can’t help

‘Cause no one has turned up

To fill in (or out!) this infatuation.

So much love

Solidly bound to be granted

This summer-

Apparently and unavoidably

In small pieces.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Dulce Rosales

6 comments:

Shadow said...

hiya, thanks for your visit. nice words you have here. i'll be back on monday, will see you again soon.

Dulçe ♥ said...

Thank YOU! It's a pleasure yougot to visit me and like it here...

Ayesha said...

Hi Dulce,
I agree- as a workshop instructor of mine once said, the world is your poem :D

Thanks for the visit to my blog. And that lovely lovely comment! I'm so glad you liked what you read enough to add me to your followed blogs list and make the effort to come back for more. It's the most encouraging thing in the world...

Dulçe ♥ said...

You are welcome. My pleasure to find you!

Silver said...

i just love your poetry...such a delight reading them!

~Silver

Dulçe ♥ said...

Dear Silver,
It's really flattering that someone who writes the way you do feels delighted when reading me. I'm really lucky to have found such a jewel in this blog paths.;-)