Pages

Saturday, August 28

Fortune Telling


It’s hard, weird
Having to admit
And also allow
Days to go by in vain

Sad is being conscious of it
And they’ll go anyway…

Yet, what time is…is

The ones we were
We still are
Those who’ll be here
Later are
Now

For future is a tense
Not a time

So why this frequent concern
Surrounding my heart?

What is going to be about me?
Not so much about death
But life

Will love fill me
With its arduous roses once more?

Will this uncertain direction already taken
Lead me to where I need?

Or will I feel guilty again
For making the wrong choice?

I’d rather not know...
____________________________________________________________________________________
Devianart Image

I got to 300 followers!!!!...WOW-well I guess that deserves a celebration or something.... I don't know! First I must thank you all for being there and reading my bitter & sweet poems... and for writing such awesome comments... This is the best social network, no doubt...
Now I'd like to dedicate, present, give this poem to my #300 follower, Chelsea, whose blog is awesome too!
;-)

14 comments:

Brian Miller said...

love wins in the end...so no need to be future tense...smiles. nice write dulce...

Anonymous said...

A wrong choice? We can never be sure because we don’t know what would have happened if we’d done otherwise. Maybe things would have turned out worse…..
A lovely poem. Thanks for sharing it.

All the best, Boonie

S. Susan Deborah said...

Following the heart and keeping alive one's love will always win! How often we stand this way in life and wonder.

How nicely dear Dulce you have captured the uncertainty. The last line especially somehow says that a decision is made but not accepted.

Hope the Sunday is coming on well, dear sweets.

Joy and peace,
Susan

Dulçe ♥ said...

Brian,
YES I hope so too, always!Thanks for always coming here! ;)

Boonie,
That's the third conditional...' what would have happened if'...impossible to know, yes, so why worry?
Thanks for your beautiful and thoughtful comment.

Susan,
My dear, maybe the decision is not accepted... by whom?
You've made me thought a bit further, what my decision is may affect others negatively, but not me or viceverrsa... you, wise girl ;)

steveroni said...

Following is my opinions, HA!

Sweeter Poet: Days never go by "in vain"...I can learn or even be helpful by doing nothing.

You ask these questions: "So why?...What is?...Will love?...Will this?...Or will I feel?...
and then do not wish to know the answers! Yep...trusting that your Higher Power is answering these questions for you, that is what you are doing. Maybe?--grin!

You write: "...I'd rather not know..."

Well Dulce, I believe that "knowing" is not necessary, for it is in the DOING that we LIVE!
PEACE
♥ ♥ ♥

steveroni said...

Sorry about double-dip--but I forgot to congratulate you on number 300 "follower", and also Chelsea for BEING #300! Okay?

Numbers are great! but for me, i only need one or a few, to support, exchange thoughts, etc.

(It says here--grin!)

rennschnecke (Starranger) said...

300 very cool !!!
i will check number 300 !!
;-)
right now !!!!!!!!

SILVIA said...

¡Adoro tus versos! besazos cielo!!!

apartments in dubai said...

We just couldnt leave your Blog before saying that we really enjoyed the poetry you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new stuff you post!

Anonymous said...

sometimes life is more daring then death... and should be feared I think.... but fear is a good thing too....

Sam Liu said...

A beautiful and deeply metaphysical poem, Dulce. My favourite part was, "For future is a tense
Not a time".
So true, so profoundly said.

And congratulations on 300 followers - such a wonderful achievement :D

Chelsea said...

Thank you for the dedication, doll! I adore your poetry.

xoxo

Dulçe ♥ said...

Oh shame... i am back to 299... But all the same
I feel so happy!!!

Thanks for the comments my friends!
:)
D.

Bubba said...

Life is too short and too often we are too afraid to live it.

(You think so too? LOL!)

I'm not surprised you've hit 300 Followers. Not one bit.