Pages

Thursday, December 30

Unnoticed Agony

Lost By Sekatsim-Deviantart

Some are serious memories...

Certain moments in life
With us will go in our mind
Until the day we die

One of them is this
When my little girl was not yet six

‘Go pick your sister’
‘Why me?’
‘Cause I tell you so!’

In that reluctant second of yours
   My world had vanished
   The crowd had swallowed me
   And I was searching and searching
   Among all those tall beings
   So alien, so menacing...

In that reluctant second of yours
   I was lost, I was dying
   All that shot-off adrenaline
   My only company
   And the thousand thoughts that can come to your mind
    In just a flash like that…

So you grabbed me and pulled me
And in your fury I found comfort
And in the laughter and distraction
Of mum I needed a hug and something like,
Hey- you are safe with us, love!

Instead, I had to swallow my river of tears
The shock on my face, my impotence and fear.
That still indescribable fear...

So unsympathetic all you were…

But this is my family, any way
   All I have, everything.

____________________________________________

15 comments:

Shadow said...

this sounds scary! and you'e right, some moments are burning in our souls forever.

Brian Miller said...

ugh. yes, i know...and why is it the scary, the dark the painful ones seem to burn the deepest...

JStar said...

I so KNOW this pain as well

Dr. Cheryl Carvajal said...

Pain and fear, yet at least the comfort of belonging. Very intense stuff!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year
I enjoy reading your posts ,its like each word is felt within ,very amazing feeling



http://soulwanderingsoul.blogspot.com/

Blogoratti said...

Happy holidays....deep write up there.

aguja said...

So true ... and yet, the pain can work positively towards the future, although it remains as a part of each of us.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I understood exactly what was going on but you made me feel it...that fear and feeling of being lost. Happy and creative 2011.

My one shot: http://liv2write2day.wordpress.com/2010/12/29/song-of-songs-one-shot-wednesday/

A Plain Observer said...

some moments leave a print that time can never erase. that is some scary moment...was the reencounter even sweeter? Those are check points in our lives

Claudia said...

had moments like this as well..and they feel just like you describe 'em so eloquently..

steven said...

all the spin and whorl of lostness. sweet writing dulce. sweet space you've carved for yourself here! steven

Ileana said...

Some pain and anxiety can never be forgotten. Chica, my heart was racing just reading this. Peace to you on the day before New Years Eve...y siempre. :)

Don Carlo said...

So often even now, I blame parents for my shortcomings of today. It is my best excuse, because they are not here to refute.

Though I had not choice then, was "subject to 'family'"

...I now DO have
paths to which
I may say Yay or Nay.

And me,
I'll likely say "YAY"
To whatever cometh my way
Yester, tomorrow...or today!

Ya know, it slowly is dawning on me that you, Dulce, are probably the best writer on these pages. You are especially gifted in the perception and expression of the beautiful or lyrical, at times, musical, evoking nearly always pictures of life as most of us deal with daily living, on life's terms.

Thank you for 1.5 years of giving service and pleasure here.

S. Susan Deborah said...

I wonder why you chose to think of that moment on this day. Dulce, I guess no one is perfect that way. We all have our flaws, absurdities, idiosyncratic streaks and other such qualities. Inspite of all that we are whole and unique.
Dulce, erase that pain and leave it behind. Life is very beautiful to be spent in thinking of memories that pain us. It is not as easy but not impossible.

Big hugs and much love on this last day of the year. Glad glad to have known you :)

Joy always,
Susan

Dulçe ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.