Pages

Saturday, February 12

Oceans Of Love







Trying to find the perfect
Million excuses
Not to love you.
and you get twice
as many
to.

The land has disappeared
My eyes wide open
Cannot believe
How,
when was it
I got on board…

You give me
this sweetest comfort
How could I resist
Your caress
Your bliss

 Swinging in your fantasy
How could I resist
Such harmony

You shut up my jealousy
Sweetheart
It’s only you I do.
I love you
I love you too.

And I become all yours
As you are all mine

And the sea becomes so flat
We could walk
 hand in hand
Around 
and on
All the oceans
of life.

Image 'Follow Your Heart by Amanda Cass______________________________________________________

As I've lost my inspiration I ve decided to recycle and improve (?) this poem, a version of one I wrote last August, titled Our Boat. I needed to post something for St Valentine's and One Shot Poetry has invited us to, so, hey -Happy Weekend and 
joyful Valentine's Day!!!

16 comments:

Claudia said...

that's beautiful dulce - i love that the sea becomes flat..

aguja said...

Your poem races with the painting and is so sweet, together with a perfect ending that speaks volumes.

steven said...

very lovely dulce! steven

hedgewitch said...

Very nice, Dulce. I love the love talk. And the form works really well with the words and images, also. You have a lot more of the Valentine spirit than grumpy old witches like moi. ;-)

Unknown said...

As you know, Dulce, I am a huge fan of love and love stories! This was a lovely, image-filled read.

Anthony Duce said...

The poem and the image work so well, with the theme of coming days.

Brian Miller said...

great close...amazing how the waves even out when you finally give into the gravity of love...

Unknown said...

I am always in awe of your writing and your way with words and prose, this one is amazing much like your posts..and I imagine your spirit to be!!!

moondustwriter said...

"And I become all yours as you are all mine ...

enjoy that walk hand in hand my dear

a lucious Valentine

GYPSYWOMAN said...

yes, beautiful it is - and i, too, continue to look for all those reasons not to love him - but, sadly, they are all too elusive - perhaps they hide under the sea that becomes so flat we could walk on it! :)

steveroni said...

Maybe out of context these words sound trite, at least well-used. But when all is said and done, how better is anything expressed than:

"I love you
I love you too."

S. Susan Deborah said...

How beautifully land and sea come for the one is love. I liked the way you have added the physical environs around to describe the environ within. You never cease to amaze me, dear Dulce.

May love be eternally yours,
Susan

The Girl With The Mousy Hair said...

I am swept away, what a poem of love. I want to walk on Oceans with my love. ...

Laura said...

was thinking about you this morning and hadn't gotten round to visit...so glad you stopped by first to remind me...if I don't do a thing right away, I forget... from one loving being to another....I LOVE your LOVE poem... Happy Valentines day dear heart!

Dulçe ♥ said...

Thanks a lot my dear friends
Laura
Kerry
Susan
Steve
Gypsylady
Leslie
Gabi
Brian
Anthony
Kim
hedgewitch
Aguja
Steven
Claudia
I love to see you coming by, taking the time to read and comment... you are so really sweet
Have a great Monday Valentine
Hugs to all

:-)Dulce
♥♥♥

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Love the vision of you walking hand in hand on the "oceans of life". Good one!