Pages

Monday, April 18

N

VANESSA HO Image





LYRICS
"BETTER DAYS"
by Graham Nash

When your love has moved away
You must face yourself and you must say
I remember better days
Don't you cry `cause she is gone
She is only moving on
Chasing mirrors through a haze

Now that you know it's nowhere
What's to stop you coming home
All you got to do is go there
Then you'll really realize what's going down
You went to a strange land searching for a truth
you felt was wrong
That's when the heartaches started
Though you're where you want to be
You're not where you belong

When your love has moved away
You must face yourself and you must say
I remember better days
Don't you cry `cause she is gone
She is only moving on
Chasing mirrors through a haze...

BETTER DAYS, Graham Nash

10 comments:

steveroni said...

Loving the sound of "Better Days" and Graham Nash--things I missed during those years. It helps my experience to read the words as I'm listening--thank you.

...and sure, I remember 'better days', but my consolation is always the belief that even more, MORE than those 'better days' are around every corner, past each shadowed entryway in life. I have only to "do what I love, and love what I do" ...And Dulce, I wish you 'better days' always, and PEACE, Peep!

Brian Miller said...

your words are a song unto them selves...Chasing mirrors through a haze is a killer line dulce...

A Plain Observer said...

I have learned that when your love moves away, you let it go

Anthony Duce said...

Thank you for posting. Enjoyed very much…

Helena White said...

This reads like a beautiful song. Thank you for sharing Dulce...

♥ ஆεlεɳa

Laura said...

"You went to a strange land searching for a truth
you felt was wrong
That's when the heartaches started"

gotta trust our hearts...intuitively, no matter how much we think we want something...our heart KNOWS what we need...what is true for us in the moment.

Thanks for sharing these lyrics and music Dulce!

Fireblossom said...

Wow, I haven't heard that song since I was in my 20s, maybe my teens. I really liked that album, "Songs For Beginners." I played it all one summer.

Shauna said...

A powerful, touching song. Oh my.

Shauna said...

Dangerously, quietly, thrilling.

Dulçe ♥ said...

:-)
Love this album... so glad to find it after it started humming in my mind...despite the so many years.