Pages

Sunday, April 3

Creating

I saw this my poem
 Reflected on a hundred glass walls

On a last fast train
From the last carriage
How it turned as it ran
   from the first…

And the sound it made
Ah- that sound!

I saw this my poem
As I saw myself
   lost
In the middle of crowds
   and glass walls,
Mirrors reflecting these my words
A poem  starting to grow

Noticed how many of my fears
   had vanished
Into the troposphere

On and above the clouds

It was the amazing parade of the shapes they made,
and the unavoidable tear sliding down my cheek
at the breathtaking site and sight
   of the sun setting behind
   my beloved millenary mountains

Amen, surely, was it all,
as it may,
creating
   this my poem…




 Image >>  ‘African QueenCanvas Print by Susan van Zyl

11 comments:

Brian Miller said...

amen indeed...love when poems find me like that...sneaky little buggers they slip in changing the while landscape of my day...

good to see you today dulce...

Anonymous said...

That last paragraph was beautifully put together.

This blog is a flower in a field of weeds.

I love it!

steven said...

dulce, i love when a door or a window opens and words tumble through alongside the light of day. steven

Andrew said...

Lovely words Dulce. I googled millenary mountains and see that I am in their northern version.

rivercat said...

a moving tribute to being...
uplifting and inspiring <3

Anthony Duce said...

It’s good to see your poem as you see it. I like this very much.

K said...

I love how you have described the unexpected nature of creating. I often get ideas for my writing in the most unexpected places and I find the unexpected element, very exciting. Great piece!

The Poet said...

I really liked this a lot. I also agree with Spangle...writing ideas come from the most unexpected places.
Very nice blog.

steveroni said...

On that train
In that last carriage
Which turned as it ran
From the powerful engine...
I've been on that train
Seeing that very image.

(Probably NOT what you had in mind.)

Through the glass I viewed the 'leader',
fast chugging in the opposite direction.
Weird! But true! Many years ago....

But I wanted to remark on the image. (Everyone has said appropriate and fine words about your writing, which is always way above standard, IMO.)

The picture 'sent' me THIS first thought: that a giant in a red baseball cap was climbing the steep desert dune to retrieve his African Queen.

No, I will not divulge the second 'sent' thought--grin!

Glad you're back home, Dulcinea. The blog world missed your creativity.

Unknown said...

moving

JStar said...

This gave me goose bumps Dulce....I FEEL everything you are saying...Poems have a way of doing that to us...Isnt it great :)