Pages

Saturday, August 20

Just Wait


You, bird by the fountain
Fluttering around me
Maybe
Asking me to give you a peanut?
How will you digest that?

Just wait...

Or is it
Something else
You are trying to tell me
That I cannot get to discern?

Just  wait…

Listen to the sounds
Sense the signs

(Seven seconds away
Just as long as I stay
I’ll be waiting…)

The heat of the last rays
Getting well into your soul

And those seagulls?

Brought here by the towers
And the powers
   to be lived…
In spite of the far away sea.

_____________________________________________________ 






______________________________________________________________

7 comments:

Brian Miller said...

love the message contained withint he bold...i would listen to the birds...smiles.

Claudia said...

i like the tender way this conversation develops...the meeting...the checking...the listening..love this poem dulce

steveroni said...

Yes! Dulce I like this, and here is why:

When we talk with the animals, the birds (and me, talking with a mosquito!--grin!), and at the same time...listen, we can be communicating with the Creator himself. Discernment is important. But the Creator of all things MUST be able to use 'all creatures' to have His message delivered, His Will obeyed, and carried out.

Anyway, this is what I found in your post, topped with a most attractive picture. Thank you, Sweeter Poet!

PEACE!

Reading comments now, it seems I am agreeing some with Brian AND Claudia! Love it!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I feel the gentleness of this beautiful poem....and the soothing power it holds....the video too is beautiful....Dulce....you always write from your heart....and b/c of that...you always touch mine. Hope you're having a beautiful day out there. ☺

Laura said...

loved this line especially Dulce "The heat of the last rays
Getting well into your soul"

Thank you for your well wishes:-)

aguja said...

I love the parallels and duality in this poem. But then, I find your words amazing and so very creative.
Thank you for this one, Dulce!

Silent Screams: A Blog About Life said...

Beautiful! Now I'll have to listen to the birds too. :)