Pages

Thursday, April 8

Hi, I Fly...


Hi!

Sweet friends of mine


The sound /ai/

So fine

I find

To make words rhyme


Lots of light

It inspires

Me and I fly

As I write


You feel more alive

It strikes

Your likes and dislikes


I might

Cite,

Full of pride,

When I met this guy

Named Mike

Who came to invite

Me- myself -I

To get on his bike

And ride

Up to the sky


It was paradise

Where no fright

No fights

No lies

Not even time...


Just he, Mike

And I

What a guide

His eyes

So wide

And wild.

A surprise.


How nice

To arrive at such site

That night

Moon so bright

Together we smiled

We could shine!


We were in and outside

Not left, rather right

Not a place to cry

Or hide

Or disguise

Or change our minds...


So easy to decide

And enjoy life

As if blind

Yet, full of insight.



Now, I sigh

How wise

Wonder why...


Must decide

It’s high time

To say ‘ good bye...’

For a while.

________________________________________________________________________________

18 comments:

Sam Liu said...

I really liked the quick and fluid rhythm of this poem, the meter is wonderful :)

clean and crazy said...

as always such a treat to stop by and read your beautiful work

Anonymous said...

This is nice, Dulce, and you mentioned the bike, which I must admit admit, I can't remember what color my bike is! I'm ashamed of that, I'll find it this afternoon after work, and fly down the road on it, like you want to do!

Secretia

aslan said...

A man seems blind, but can see everything very bright and net. Perhaps it's an experience reason for him.I read pationly this good poem with a great pleasure.
Yours

Caroline said...

I love the lilting rhythm of this! Wonderfully written and a joy to read!

JStar said...

I am in awe of your words...Your rythm and your style...

Margie said...

Oh, this little poem brought me a bright smile:)
Loved it Dulce.

Just to let you know I shall be away from blogging for a month or so.
Will miss my visits here.
Till I return keep on with the wonderful writing.

Be well!
Be happy!

Margie :)
xo

Reysagrado said...

Ay!, my God!, you make me fly!:P I´m telling you right, Im not shy;)

Caray!


Hahahahaha:D

Jessie said...

thank you for the smile dear Dulce!
hugs,

Anonymous said...

This put a smile on my face my friend. Very well done :)

SILVIA said...

¡Extrañaba tanto tus versos...! Es un placer volver a leerte.
I can fly...
You must fly!! forever and ever!
besotes!!

Unknown said...

To have your skill, wit,and poetic abilities..this is amazing and so sweet in it's flow and meter...thank you as always for your spirit and your words...poetess!

Adelina said...

Que bonito amor, en el que todo va bien. Pero...No siempre es todo fácil. El amor no es un camino llano...

Pero siempre es un sentimiento bello que mueve todos los sentidos.

Muchos besos.

Rick said...

Sam is correct on all counts. everything happens here in perfect sequence and rhythm. fun fun to read. ~rick

RNSANE said...

This was so much fun - a quick jaunt, a lovely rendevous, then farewell. You amaze me, always.

steveroni said...

Well, I have a scooter, and when I'm riding I feel a certain "high". And it is amazing how a ride at about--a good rate of speed--mph is SO like being in a small airplane, where you "steer by the seat of your pants".

Dulce, sometimes you crack me up with your (very seldom) fun-type poetry. I think you had fun with this one.
Likely it is easier to write a deeply moving poem from the heart, than a whimsical "rhyme-with 'I'"
piece for us. Thanks for the change of pace!

Angeles said...

Good!! good!! HI:)
I Like The Sound Of That.
Besos:)

Dulçe ♥ said...

THANKS
It's not a great thing I think.... but I had fun writing it...
Just to show you it's not all about love and sadness and stuff... yest LOVE is always there... YES Steveroni- you are so right Love...live... that sweet connection..
HUGS to you ALL!
;)