Pages

Sunday, April 18

Observer




The park is amazing, beautiful lovely flowers.


Parents take photos of girls dressed like brides.



The park is full of the laughter of the children


Of the cascade that falls behind them


The observer just observes from the veranda...



The silly waitress is having a bad day


Bad day, yes, to serve someone like me


Who the best deserves


As anyone else



Yet- look at her, now she smiles


At the pregnant woman


Maybe that reminds her of a just born niece?


Or maybe of herself a couple of months ago?


Today is Sunday, and she has to work...so



Old men and women getting here


Looking for a nice seat under a shade


They come from the north, it’s clear


By their clothes and their so white skin


Now rather pink


Running away from the ashes


From the freezing north...


They seem not to like the presence


Of the so many children


The so much noise


But once they order and kill the thirst


Their ears and eyes


Change the sound, the sight


The miracles of a cold beer....



And the observer smiles as she writes.


A little child approaches in wonder


She looks at my pen and notes


And asks me to let her draw


Something beside my words


And I agree so pleased


But her mother’s coming


Love, do not bother the lady


Now, the drawing and the writing


Is unfinished.


And I have to go.

___________________________________________________________________________(1)deviantart image

16 comments:

Everyday Goddess said...

It's a very happy drawing!

Such a great description of what goes on.

<3

Sam Liu said...

What a wonderful description, I can just see it my mind, the warm sun and the little girl. This is such a sweet poem, and the drawing is delightful, created by a young artist in a poet's notebook. There is something magical about that.

Maha said...

Aww, that was so sweet. The images you drew were so vivid I could see the park myself.

alixelena2 said...

Before the present, I read in your blogs. The name Dulce surely matches what must be the sweetness of you.

Observing is such fun and your picture behind a magazine and with the words becomes a complete mental
image. As only the fine writer can do

Merci.

Jen said...

I read several of your posts. I could stay here all night. These are beautiful poems.

Rick said...

Dulce
was she really that happy or did you just want to draw her that way?
so much life just beyond our reach but we all guard our horizons.
you notice much
I like that
~rick

Toni M.M. said...

Wonderful!
It seemed I could see the place, the persons and even the child!
Did it really happen? I'm sure it did!

See u

JStar said...

This makes me relaxed and observing...Like I was there with you :)

SILVIA said...

¡Sensacional descripción, bella!
Observar, y aprender a disfrutar de las pequeñas cosas que la vida nos regala.
Besazos cielo!!!

Sheri said...

your words created such beautiful imagery within my heart, causing me to be swept away from this life i live in my very small town, observing very little in comparision to you! the fragrance you create in your words fills my senses, dulce...thank you...

Tammie Lee said...

your words took me there
such a sweet interaction with 'love', and sweet that you showed us her drawing.

Adelina said...

Muy descriptivo el poema.

Al final se deja llevar por el niño.

Muchos besos.

Ileana said...

The observer has a beautiful soul.

Que dibujo mas bello para acompañar una maravilla de poema.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Ha.I like this Dulce.
Written like a true
observant writer!!!

:)

Tabitha Bird said...

Beautiful! as always :)

Thank you for your comments on my blog :)

CiCi said...

Great child drawing, a huge smile. I never would have thought to put a smile when I drew as a kid. Nice way to observe the people around you while you write.