Pages

Saturday, April 3

Holding The Night


Hanging from the moon

Holding the night


My words come out in silver

They fall spilled

As they make soul puddles...


Where later I’ll place my eyes

Mirror of my feelings

Where my mind gets trapped...


Among blue colors

I sleep this tender peace.


Love solitude

Absence breezes


Quietness.


___________________________________________________________________________


Translated from Sakkarah`s Abrazada a la Noche


Thank you Sakkarah for allowing me the honor to pick up one of your masterpieces.


When a poem is translated from one language to another something is missed in the process, the essence is never exactly the same; anyway, I’ve tried my best.


I consider this Spanish poetess the best in our language.



13 comments:

Dulçe ♥ said...

Gracias Sakkarah por permitirme traducir parte de tu hermosísima poesía.
Ha sido un honor para mí y espero que te guste.
;)
Un fuerte abrazo

Adelina said...

Gracias...Me ha hecho muchísima ilusión...

Es un regalo precioso el que me has hecho.

Te tengo mucho cariño, por eso, porque eres como el nombre de tu blog indica: Dulce...

Un beso muy grande, y muchas gracias.

Si no te importa la voy a poner en mis dos blogs, en el de Sakkarah, y en el de mis tesoros...Estoy toda ilusionada.

Felicitas said...

What beautiful and thought-provoking piece! Thank you for sharing Sakkarah's work with us, Dulce.

Anonymous said...

It does translate very beautifully.

Secretia

steveroni said...

This is from STEWPID!

Beautiful words, but I do not understand their meaning--unless I just decide what it means for ME...

I'm gonna go play my violin. There I can hide everything, and nobody will ask, "What are you hiding there?"

LarryG said...

superb Dulce!
the moon, silver puddles, mirror of feelings-
lovely to be here with you!

Sharon McPherson said...

I think you did an excellent job ... the ideas are there. Sometimes simplicity in the message works better than razzle dazzle of poetic techniques. :)

RNSANE said...

Such a wonderful poem, Dulce, thank you for bringing this work to us!

aslan said...

Wonderful words come together for a
magic poem..congrulations my friend.

Happy weekend

Nevine Sultan said...

That's such a lovely piece, Dulce. Thank you for taking the time to translate it for us. And thank you also for introducing us to Sakkarah. I'll have to go and check out her site soon. And that image, it makes me think of home...

And, well, you've made me cry again. You know why... Didn't have time right now to reply to all comments, but will reply later. Just wanted to stop in and see what's new with you, and to say thank you, at your place. You are so very special, Sweetest!

Big hugs,
Nevine

JStar said...

Beautiful translation...

Rick said...

Dulce-it's beautiful but too quiet for me. I need something to let me know I live.~rick

island of peace said...

just divine.