Pages

Thursday, April 1

Spring Night







All she needs to do now

Lean her elbows on the window sill

Stare at the million stars

Listen to the chirping crickets


In the distance last train to nowhere

By the mountain disappears

She’s come to stay

And gaze at the mist

In her heart

As it disperses with this suffering

Of space and time

So sweetly


Captures the key so long hidden

To open her so long captive soul

And a gust of wind

Unexpected

Moves back her hair

So as to consolidate

Her whole presence

With the place


Which bird is that?

So used to see them come

When these serious communions

With Mother Nature start


Only to suggest that she has

A deeper insight

To the semblance

The eye which always observes it all


And the inner voice

Repeats

That old melody again


The solitude of your shadow

Was never vanquished


Still some sounds

The cascade makes

It’s your cleansing reward

Early cascades of spring

Flowers already shine

At the sight of the light

Of the night


She so well understands

This dialogue

Between her heart

And the distance.


_________________________________________________________________________________


I must thank my dear LARRY today, for such beautiful poem... dear readers, you can't miss it!

12 comments:

Aayushi Mehta said...

Such beautiful work this is! Has a soothing effect!

Anonymous said...

Dulce, your poems are almost like beautiful music, like songs that linger in my head for a good while after I leave your blog, and sometimes the sweet melody of them makes me return to look again.

Secretia

LarryG said...

lovely images - here!
thanks for the shout out sweetheart!

S. Susan Deborah said...

How well this piece flowed!

"And the inner voice

Repeats

That old melody again"

Dulce, the images, the tone, the feel of this piece creates a calm and soothing within me.

You know it's that feeling when one knows all is well but still there is something missing.

Joy always,
Susan

Margie said...

Oh, so beautiful!
Your words are so calming and peaceful!
Love this one!

Margie :)

Jessie said...

this is one of my favorites dear Dulce. the images are soothing, there's a peaceful melody here...
hugs,

Maha said...

I Loved the vivid imagees in your poem. Very beautiful

steveroni said...

And Dulce, is THAT what happens when you lean your elbows on a window sill? I believe your imagination workd overtime even when you are sleeping.

Really some good writing here, this post could well be called "Meditation"....

Take Care!

Superfluous Brunette said...

I love it! It is so great to find the key that keeps our soul captive. I think I have found mine too, I just need to learn how to use it :)

Have a great weekend!

Ileana said...

Open her long captive soul...YES!

I can think of no better way to welcome Spring than to have read this bee-you-tee-full poem!

Gracias por la esperanza.

Tammie Lee said...

so lovely, you took me there~ Thank you.

Felicitas said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE this piece, Dulce. The imagery is fantastic.