Pages

Sunday, May 9

And Although You Deserve Much More...



And I hear your laughter

And your sense of humour

And I have a view of myself

While you do

And I observe you

For you are my genius

And I feel my tears

And you love me

For saying

I love you

And the rest of your reasons

And I feel your beautiful hands

And your feet

As I massage

Your discomfort...

And you thank me

For always being here

And you blame me

And then forgive me

And I feel my tears

For not having you near

Like in the old years...

............................................................................................

AND I’ve thought so much about You today ... So Much , so much more than usual...that I’ve written another one.

.......................................................................................

You left us

And in doing so

You left us

All behind

You left us

Knowing

About the few too many hearts

All broken

Having to admit

Having to accept

You’d left us

All behind you.


You left


Against your will

And I cannot

Of that memory get rid...


You left against your will


And for that reason

Did not take time

Did not have time

Did not think about time

To say goodbye


And did not want

To hear our good byes


Or did you?


You left

Leaving behind

All these bloody

Material things

I’ve had to pick

You left knowing

I’d have to


You left

And now pretend

Maybe

That we understand

That we should learn

Have no other choice

But learn

Life is one and only


You wanted to live this

More than anyone else

So why


You left us.

__________________________________________________________________

12 comments:

Sam Liu said...

Dulce, I simply don't know what to say. There is honest and powerful emotion suffused in the heart-wrenching lines of these soft and delicate poems. This is so wonderful, yet infinitely forlorn.

Anonymous said...

Such power in these words. Well done. Have a Happt Mothers Day :)

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I can really hear your heart...this comes right from your soul....hope your mother's day was a great one....You deserve it....Sarah

Nevine Sultan said...

Dulce, this is so very sad. Your brother is smiling, though, because he knows he has a sister who cares for him so. He is smiling and wrapping his protective wings around you...

Nevine

Ileana said...

I can feel the pain behind the words. Triste pero como siempre, fenomenal.

Sheri said...

this is classic dulce...depth, sorrow, touch that goes beyond the sense of fingers, words that speak from the heart-not only from the mouth. i am enthralled with you, your work. dulce, what a beautiful, gifted and talented woman you are!

steveroni said...

Of course you miss him, you think about him, you wish him here with you. But you know, what I believe is that he is not gone. His body died, but he did not.

What we are, what is that "likeness to God" is not our bodies...but our souls. That is what I believe.

And his soul is tending to you now, and as the result, you will feel better by morning.

These writings are truly-from-the-heart-and-soul-beautiful!

You'll see.
Take Care, Sweeter Poet

Toni M.M. said...

Those lines are really sad ... At first I was puzzled, but I think I could deduce its meaning, and I was totally stunned and "in shock", you know?.
I am convinced that even you can't see him, you somehow feel that he is with you two: he has not abandoned these two hearts. Sure!
I have lived a similar experience, except I have no children, so I can imagine that your pain has nothing to do with what I went through.
Anyway, hugs and tons of encouragement,
Your Faithful follower pupil.

Anonymous said...

oh wow!
these are so so powerful
xx

JStar said...

So much emotion in these Dulce!

Kay said...

ouch. that hurts.

Patricia 333 said...

And you blame me

And then forgive me

And I feel my tears

For not having you near

Like in the old years...



Hola entiendo muy bien el ingles , lo malo es que no lo escribo ...

todo esto yo lo he vivido

un abrazo muy fuerte