Pages

Monday, May 31

APPROACHING



Every day you are in my head,

today you’ll be all day

You’ve been talking to me all morning.

And I’ve been listening.

You’ve told me no more no less

what I need to hear

and also things I did not expect,

they were in my head,

you talked them out.

I asked you from now on

what will I call this day?

Happy birthday or birthday anniversary?

Same day as Whitman,

and they say, anniversary.


I’ve been meandering all day,

but you’ve been meandering with me-

I like your company, I miss your presence,

yet you are so present

as any day you’d come by.


And you tell me to look at myself in the mirror

and see behind- much deeper,

beyond my tears,

and find you in myself,

and you tell me to stop being ungrateful

and enjoy all I have which is a lot

and you ask me to stop complaining

for what is not,

and try to accept that this is life,

that it has never been easy and it will not.


And you tell me to grasp the moment,

love myself my body and mind

my imperfect body and mind,

and go deeper into my soul

and revise the lessons

life has taught me all these years,

and that there is no way back but a present,

a now as this lucky moment

that I still can see dad.

And at him smile,

and how lucky we are to feel and see

and hug and hold him,

and flesh and soul…

what difference does it make?


And you tell me to come to me again

and sleep my dream

And dance where I stand,

for there is nothing else

and we can not fight against the storm

but look for shelter and warmth


I tell you hey thank you

and you say it’s alright if I cry

for you understand I’ll never understand

until I approach closer to where you are.


___________________________________________________Image Aproaching Woman On canvas- by Phlog That.

17 comments:

steveroni said...

Dulce, you know my bad habit of critiquing your words. But today I can not. You have run the length, and crossed the finish line ahead of the others.

Unique writing, I say...and it is to be saved and cherished by those who feel the same, but have not the talent to express it to others.

I also say...A+ for this one, Sweetest Poet-Peep.
Take care, YOU!
steveroni

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Just that.

A sweet poem

Andrew said...

A thought provoking look at the inner life.

Thank you.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

loving poem!
very moving and enjoyable!

Sheri said...

you are an amazing woman! i have often thought that i could look at you, sitting in a chair perhaps, appearing to be thinking and doing nothing. but the insides of dulce are always at work, always crafting, bringing the thoughts and emotions out onto the page. i wonder if you know just how much joy we receive from all of your work? i certainly do...

Toni M.M. said...

Wow!
Lots of feelings, bitterness and questions with no answer, like: "WHY?"...
I know what you mean, Dulce, and I'm sure you also do about me, don't you?
Take care, My Sweetest Queen, and breath deeply.
Tons of kisses and hugs,
Toni (YFFP)

Anonymous said...

I'm astonished, certainly you have an incredible way to express your feelings, your words are full of emotions and memories, and I only know that happiness will come to you, to stay in your heart of gold for life. Every day you surprise me with something unexpected, full of tenderness and expressed as anybody could.
Let me tell you, this is one of your best poems. And of course, get my most sincere congratulations.

Kisses (Juan Ramón)

Anonymous said...

What an expression of feelings. Very nice my friend. :)

Rebecca said...

I loved this, Dulce. You express your emotions so well through this one. I can't wait to see what you bring to us next!

Peace.

~ Rebecca

GYPSYWOMAN said...

again so beautifully felt and thought and said, dulce - taking us all along on that magnificent interior journey with you! -

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this pulls at me...loss...and my favorite phrase in this whole poem.....And dance where I stand,Thank you Dulce... ☺

Barbara von Enger said...

Ah, this is so pround - poetry is my daily cup of inspiration. I so enjoyed reading this and I loved this: "Until I approach closer to where you are"

Dulçe ♥ said...

Your comments, dear friends, get so deeply into my shattered heart, to be rebuilt day by day, partly because of your sweet support.

My beloved brother would have celebrated today his 49th birthday, well- He has, in another dimension, though...


Smooches

Dulce

JStar said...

This is beautiful and flows so nicely Dulce!

Calli said...

This is a very serene inner journey!

...beautiful words dear twin!

Michele Spector said...

Very expressive poem, the strong emotions just pull you right in! Beautifully done! Keep writing.

Debra said...

My brother died suddenly three years ago. He was forty-one years young. He should be forty-four in body right now. It breaks my heart and kills me to the core. How deeply I miss his presence on this earth but I feel him with me. He lets me know and I love him for it even more.

Thank you for your words. I am so sorry for your loss.