Pages

Saturday, January 15

EARTH


Sisters by Mariska
Oh sister...
Been missing you so much 
I need to tell you
.
Back from cold, sweet Dublin...
(Thanks for the souveniers)
Just a week,
 And all this I’ve been through
     so deep
Ever since.


Remember?
He used to say, ‘Hey,
The word you are looking for is
Fabulous!’
And I believed him,
And I thought-at long last
Someone had found that charm in me...

Oh sister,
You know all that much about me
After all we’ve gone through too, together.
-
I fell in, as you know
And again, as you already knew
How badly- I needed to fall out.

Sister,
Tell me,
What have I done to deserve this?
What can I do with all this love within?
So eagerly wishing to be there, put- somewhere,
a Him...
It seems...
All this love, all this crying...

Tears that ever since we grew out of childhood
Had to be swallowed.
And crying inside leads us to that place
Mad, anxious..

The big lie.
.
And learn and pretend
Everything is all right
But nothing is alright
Everything is actually so much worse than it used to be.
Yes, we know and accept
And we are mothers
We are sisters...
.
Oh sister!
How long will I have to hold this in
And regret and go on
As if nothing really mattered?
______________________________

To my One and Only Sister, Saro.

14 comments:

steven said...

dulce - always go back to the good place . . . "the one and only". steven

EcoGrrl said...

this hit me deep. thank you.

Zilmy Vazquez Blog said...

i like it a lot!

Brian Miller said...

holding it in sucks...i tried that...

Tammie Lee said...

such a strong sense of human emotion in your poem, though painful, so well written.

S. Susan Deborah said...

Glad is the one who has you as a sister.

Sometimes only a woman can understand what happens and goes on within another woman's heart and head. I am glad you have someone like that. Blessed sisters.

Joy always,
Susan

RNSANE said...

I never had a sister but, thankfully, there were several very dear friends in my life who filled that role. I think my life would have been intolerable without them. They sustained me through the really painful times and there were many.

Shadow said...

everyone needs a 'sister' to share one's heart with. pretending just won't do...

Betty Manousos said...

Thank you for sharing this piece, dear Dulce. I love it. I can totally relate to your thoughts expressed by you soo wonderfully!
Sad thoughts but beautiful.

Very human and realistic poem. And so very true. That's what makes it Great!

Betty ~X's

Zuzana said...

Beautiful sentiment about the kingship and connection one can feel with a sister; the bond is there, everlasting through pain and sorrow, as well as through happiness.
This made me miss my sister deeply...
Have a lovely remains of the weekend,
xoxo

Nikki (Sarah) said...

wow...this reminds me soo much of my talks with my sister...how we have cried and shared with each other..the pain..the hurt and also now the good stuff. I so identified with "I fell in, How badly- I needed to fall out...." :)

GYPSYWOMAN said...

beautiful homage to all sisters everywhere, dulce!!! great piece!!!

steveroni said...

"Fabulous"! (Sorry--grin!) But what intimate outpouring of a heart to one's sister.

It is like reading private mail of artistic giants from history, except they did not write to a prospective Internet audience of millions. Their only few readers are scholars, who research the minds of genius.

Must say again: Fabulous.

A Plain Observer said...

never had that...
All that sadness expressed here cries to be shared with a sister. Glad you have her.