Pages

Sunday, January 16

THE TIME BEING …

Don't Tell Me I'm A Dreamer by myoriginalsin


It’s just a matter of choice,
How awesome the sight of you,
Any vivid feeling of you.
I turn and there you are.
If I don’t
You are there too, but,
Unaware-

This is blindness, madness,
Lack of common sense.
Just undergoing your intrinsic aim
makes this my world trustworthy…

It is anyone or anything
Any drop of rain.
The far away stars.
The smell of the wind.
The flavour of my chocolate biscuits

It’s the time I’ve lived,
All the years I’ve suffered
All I’ve enjoyed.

It’s my Brother’s loss.
A simple smile from an unknown.
All the efforts from the handicapped.

It’s the Sun, the Moon, the Sea…

It’s Mother Nature and
The incomprehensible outer space.
My plants,  as they grow.
My loneliness,  as it easily flows.
Every candle I light.
I turn to wish this luminosity
was my eternal companion.

It’s God,
Everything between
Myself and Death.

____________________________________________________________________________


17 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a lovely and uplifting message. Sometimes, even if we are unsure of the "everything between", taking a chance might just be worth the risk. Thank you for sharing. It was nice to "see" you yesterday, also. :) Have a wonderful Sunday.

Brian Miller said...

its everthing between myself and death...nice...great close to a nice verse...

aguja said...

This is one of your best and the picture captures the poem. Your thoughts, imagery, words chosen, make the poem so utterly complete in itself. Congratulations Dulce, poet extraordinaire!!

Manon said...

Beautiful, Dulce. I agree with Aguja that the image really captures your words!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

more beautiful sweet and sweeter poetry over here, always, dear dulce! thanks so much for sharing, and for that wonderful cup of tea there, and those delicious little sweet nothin's! ;)

Unknown said...

Wow, this post completely caught me off guard in it's own amazingness, I have in so many ways been struggling lately to find words for my feelings and you found them for me on so many levels.

Thank you with so much gratitude.

steveroni said...

Gabi just wrote so well for me also on this.

"...this luminosity
was my eternal companion..."

And God IS with you, and everyone else, all through these trying moments, days. And God IS everything between this and that....

Gabi wrote "amazingness". Yes!

Sandra said...

Thanks for your poetry. I love reading it. Sandra

Anthony Duce said...

Sounds like everything associated with life for the time being. Maybe just another name for life? Enjoyed..

Shadow said...

imperceptibly we do. we think we don't. but we do. and i have to echo your 'thank God!' for that too.

Zuzana said...

Your last three line sum up our existence in such an eloquent and profound way...
I wish I could wrote poetry, but it is not my talent.;) Therefore I am happy people like you exist.
Lovely message in a beautiful gift of words,
xoxo

Kerry O'Connor said...

This was very beautiful to read.

Laura said...

life, the smallest moments and awarenesses...the illumination that comes from truly being present...beautiful.

Anonymous said...

your poetry is elegant.
the image is timeless.

Anonymous said...

welcome sharing your poems with our poetry potluck today..

you can link in 1 to 3 old poems or poems unrelated to our theme as first time participant, have fun.

you got talent, keep it up.

Bobby said...

Beautiful!!
/Bobby ;)

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

This is beautiful. By the way, I love the tea cups on your page. :)