Pages

Sunday, September 13

MY LAKE


You might

get to know me

I might

get to know you

Or not

...

No more prisoners

of little ponds

Come swim in the transparent

Waters of my Lake

Where lust is so, so sane

...

It’s not a suggestion

Nor an invitation

This is my contention.

...

Sense my desire

Smell my heat

And listen aroused

To my heart beats

As I approach your ear

I‘ll wrap my legs around you

While we swim

In my transparent Lake

I’ll show you games

In other waters

You’ve never played

This is my transparent

Cool Lake

...

Keep afloat

For with my passion

I can drown you

And so would I

Since I might well

Inundate myself

With my own ardour

...

If we dive

We’ll dive together

If you sink

I’ll give you my hand

If I sink

You can give me yours

And if you can’t

Don’t worry

I‘ll come

Up by myself…

For-after all

This is my Lake.


© Dulce


16 comments:

Calli said...

Ooo, I love this~ I love that, you are in control of the situation...after all it is your Lake!

brilliant~
~Calli

Fireblossom said...

Um...I think you need to add a stronger reaction choice. "Cool" doesn't cover something as passionate and striking as this poem.

Throughout, you choose strong, even challenging, words to convey an immediacy and an open desire that the reader can feel and get swept up in.

*fans self*

Wonderful, Dulce!

steveroni said...

Not a suggestion
Not an invitation
It is my contention.

Go get 'em girl! It is beautiful, Dulce. Your English (for a Spanish=speaking woman) is no less than excellent!

Here is an excerpt from a comment on Calli's blog today:

"....I love and read Dulce every day also, and of course, Shadow. You peeps lift my spirits daily--it is the goal of the true artist, to lift up the minds and hearts of others to God. (my opinion!)

After all, was it not God Who gave all of you these gifts? Thank you SO much for sharing your talents!"

Peace!

Sherry said...

Evocative. Extremely!

Akelamalu said...

When it's your lake you're the boss! Loved it. :)

Liam said...

Very sensual indeed.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful poem. The idea of swimming together with someone you love is delicious!

Silver said...

Thanks for pointing out the error.. i must have been half asleep when i was doing that post! ;P

Congrats!

Enchanted Oak said...

Lines like these kept me going through this poem:
No more prisoners
of little ponds
Come swim in the transparent
Waters of my Lake
Where lust is so, so sane

I'm a new poet blogger, looking to connect with people of like minds. Please visit my blog and check out the musings & poems you find there. Let me know what you think. I would like the feedback.

Shadow said...

lust... sane??? okay, i'll go with that, heee heee heeee. lovely writing dulce!!!!!

The Girl With The Mousy Hair said...

I love the transparent lake.xx

TWO HOURS BEFORE said...

brilliant! have loved this poem, girls girls and more girls, i will need an ocean for this treat.
this smart poem.

Dr.John said...

Wow:Great writing. No sadness here only wonder and joy and expectation.

Dulçe ♥ said...

You are lovely for apreciating my effort. Thank you all!!!

Margie said...

WOW!
So sensous, Dulce!
Love it!

Margie:)

Susie Hemingway said...

Love this, full of passion and great memories, love the lines "If you sink I'll give you my hand" personal reasons really. A most enchanting poem and a fabo photo, oh yes a fabulous photo!