Pages

Wednesday, September 9

No More Ideas

Love is the same old story-
I won't take that
Wishes I'll keep still-
No fights
That's vain again
I've run out of ideas
Rejecting and rejected
Loves...
Repeated sights
The sea
The mountain
The sky
I've run out of ideas
It's the same old story
Dry rains
No out ways
It's invalid
It's obscene
Run out of ideas
my friends-
not crazy
not lazy
Just tired
Could make the effort
Or just go to bed
Run out of ideas...
Perhaps
Should give up
for a while
No-I guess
You won't accept that...
You see?
A poem grows
by itself-
It's written
While writing up.

(C) DULCE

8 comments:

Margie said...

Loved your last lines...
A poem grows
by itself-
It's written
While writing up.

Keep writing but never give up, Dulce...Ok!

And always keep smiling...it's so good for the soul!

Margie:)

Silver said...

We all go through periods like that.. i know so. But inspiration is a strange thing. It hits you when you least expect it to. When it does, you'll know. There's no stopping.

~Silver

steveroni said...

"It's the same old story wherever you go..."

But "tired?" Who? When? Where?

A poem grows by itself...it is written while writing up.

JUST like a person, who grows by oneself. A life is written by it's giving, forgiving, its living, loving--its persistent perseverance.

Zee said...

As always Dulce, you always bring the most interesting and creative ideas in your poems. You are talented..Keep writing!

Shadow said...

those same thought running around in circles... ho hummmmmm

Jessie said...

with imagination, a poem does write itself ...

i like your concept

smiles,

LarryG said...

to yield to the poem, to be its vessel this is a gift to share -
thank you sweet one

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

Dulce - this is great and certainly speaks to me on a few levels...I may be projecting my life onto this one but I see a kind of comparison of sorts here between love and ideas...thank you for writing this - I won't give up, on ideas or love :)