Pages

Tuesday, September 8

Old Lessons

Once a month I like to devote a post to an impressionist artist.This time it goes to P.A: Renoir. My poem of the day was inspired by this video ...And hope you understand....>>> (Please watch first and then read or viceversa!)

Below you can find another beautiful video with some FEMALE NUDE paintings as well.


We were children

Playful, joyful

Lost in innocence

Took for granted

Nothing

Could ever happen

That made our world

Break down…

We were blind with faith

And believed

Nothing

Could ever make us

Get down…

We were growing

Joyful, useful

In the grounds of heaven

We suffered vainly for

Death did not exist

Or was so far away…

Nobody taught us

It could happen

Any day

To anyone…

We grew up

Useful, mournful

When up came despair

Unreason and graves.

One of those times when

We had to accept,

Had to behave

As if nothing from

Our past had

Ever changed

And thus keep sane.

© DULCE


Pierre Auguste Renoir was a French impressionist painter noted for his radiant, intimate paintings, particularly of the female nude. Recognized by critics as one of the greatest and most independent painters of his period, Renoir is noted for the harmony of his lines, the brilliance of his colour, and the intimate charm of his wide variety of subjects. Unlike other impressionists he was as much interested in painting the single human figure or family group portraits as he was in landscapes; unlike them, too, he did not subordinate composition and plasticity of form to attempts at rendering the effect of light.


13 comments:

Liam said...

Beautiful! I can see the connection. But the words definitely stand on their own.

In another time I would have loved to have met you.

Silvia said...

Lovely poem. I think that the true greatness resides in seeing the world through the eyes of a child!

One Prayer Girl said...

Thanks for commenting and becoming a follower. I love meeting new bloggers.

You wrote, "Our dear Steve mentioned you as one of his favourites, so I had to know why and now I understand."
He better have mentioned me as one of his favorites - I'm his wife. :)
You may have already known that.

When I read your bio I felt you as a kindred spirit. I always loved writing too, always wanted to write a book. Instead, I blog now. The book? Who knows?

AND I love to write poetry. Over the year that I've been blogging, I have blogged my poems.

Again, welcome,
PG

Calli said...

Just beautiful, Dulce.

Renoir has always been one of my favourite impressionist painters...

I agree with Liam, the connection is there but your lovely words, stand on their alone (as they always do).

:) beautiful day my friend~
~Calli

island of peace said...

simply wonderful, but the question is shall we let babes be naive or not?

trisha
suryakana.blogspot.com

Margie said...

Such a beautiful post, all of it!
I loved it all!
Renoir, awwww, he was amazing artist!

Thanks, Dulce!

Margie:)

Hootin Anni said...

This is the BEST you've done since I've been following you....it's awesome, just plain, simply awesome.

Love it.

Jessie said...

beautiful -- artistically painted :-)

smiles,

Dr.John said...

Fine piece of poetry.
You capture pain, woe, despair, disappointment so well. But surely life is far more than that. Where is the joy of being alive? Where is the joy of breathing clean fresh air. Where is the joy?

g-man said...

Remember...
You never get a second chance at a first impressionist!
Also...
Once upon a time Renoir decided to by a new easel. He wasn't too sure about what type to get, a large bulky one, or a smaller cheaper one. After pondering this dilemma for several days, he decided on the lesser of the two easels.


Carry On...

Liam said...

Call me blind or stupid but I just noticed your age on your profile. I don't know why I thought you were around my age. I see why you write such beautiful words now. For a while there I thought you were a prodigy or genius. Now I know that you talk with experience.

Anonymous said...

I love your words--very powerful. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

You are educating me. Thank you.