Pages

Sunday, December 20

Let’s Suppose




We lovers are not supposed to…
There is no escape.

You will never know
How it hurt me
To tell me "Good Bye" last night.
But you had to go
Just your selfishness
Wanted to see me, hear me
Say to you, once more
"I love you”

And then
So difficult for you not to cry,
For having left me alone
Like that. Yes,
I know, I know
You know I know
But we, as lovers,
Are not supposed to…
Cannot enjoy it
But love each other
To the utmost.

We live with these brief moments,
Suggestive, to say the least
And getting more so
And how do we cope
With the trials ahead.
If we keep going
Deeper and deeper
Into our love affair…

What is the answer?
No. Please.
Do not answer now,
I am afraid to hear it.
I am so afraid.
As the lovers we are
Sinful, prohibited fruit!

If the world could end now,
And we were done
With all this earthly problems,
Went somewhere
Were at perfect peace,
And perfectly loved one another...

But we lovers...
Are not supposed to.
______________________________________________________________

© Dulce


16 comments:

RNSANE said...

Why must love be complicated? Beautifully said, lovely Dulce.

Nevine Sultan said...

I love your delivery, here, Dulce. This speaking as if you're having a conversation with the one you love, but you're in control... I suppose it's more like a monologue. You're saying what needs to be said, and he has to listen. But what you're saying is so so painful... more for you than for him. And so it is... What more can I say, lady? You've got me sighing once more... ;-)

Nevine

Dr.John said...

But love is so much more than passion.
Love fills the moments when lovers are apart.
Love builds in families.
Love carries into old age and grows and changes.
Passion and lust pass but love goes on.

Anonymous said...

Perfect love, perfect peace, perfect place, perfection is hard to achieve. Love is...

Fireblossom said...

"You don't die of a broken heart, you only wish you did."

Anonymous said...

Love is work my dear sweet friend...and never easy...wonderfully written :)

Marcia M said...

Beautiful piece. You are so deep and different. Gifted writer of poetry.

Shadow said...

love does not come with an easy recipe... but would i do it again? you bet!

Anonymous said...

Lovers, afraid of the answer to their questions, it's so painful to possess those questions. I know, I've been there.

Secretia

Anonymous said...

I think love itself it a challenge, complicates lives many times. But I would not survive in a world without love. Even forbidden love !!

Yes it hurts when doors close again , re-open only to close once more and more and more. Those moments spent full of pleasure, some may say, forbidden, exceeding boundaries to me can be such deep passionate love . They can produce more desires than the relationships that one does not have to " say, Just Suppose"

TI amo

thoughts said...

its a very interesting insight in the minds of lovers. very beautifully written.

Gregorio Martino said...

I love this poem. It is so deep.

steveroni said...

So many interesting comments on this post, Sweeter Dulce. I sometimes wonder if it really the answers we are seeking...or maybe solutions. It is not the same thing.

Answers are so binding, definitive, so like a Deity might possess. Solutions are for us mere humans, using our gift for thinking, for searching, for planning, for reaching conclusions.

Unless I am a mathematician, I have no problems. I DO have challenges --grin! Who doesn't?

Love ya, Dulce-Girl

Keep writing- it "becomes" you.

Caroline said...

WOW...really intense. Love does not know rules or boundaries...

JStar said...

A love so great that its heart breaking...

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it