Pages

Tuesday, October 6

FED UP


Crying, dying

Sighing, trying...

Gone to the other side

Of the moon, in darkness.


Hiding from what

I always

Took for granted.

Do not send me flowers

They won’t be appreciated.


Hiding by this

Dark side of the moon

The only light

My sweet dreams

And hopes

Burning in a bonfire.

Won’t dance to it.


Do not send me no flowers

Do not tell me

To hold on to God.

I am right here

Behind that moon

You observe.

Do not expect me

To behave myself

To write joyfully.

I am counting

All my failures and discontents.


Don’t send me no flowers,

Please.

Do not think

I take any delight in this

Or feel self compassion.

I am not drunk

Nor sober

Nor depressed.

Infuriated

In the warpath…yes.


Not worth, though

Planning a revenge…

That would lead me to

The same place again.


On this dark side of the moon

These days

I’ll be here

To stay.

..........................................................................................................................................................

© Dulce

Image: Deviantart

13 comments:

Dr.John said...

Very dark and deep poem.
Nobody should have to stay on the dark side of the moon.

One Prayer Girl said...

I still have times when I end up on the dark side, but I am so grateful I no longer remain there long.

I have learned how to move back into the light.

PG

steveroni said...

Dulce, I cannot believe this is for real, truly a place you find yourself.

This has GOT to be out of your past, yes? Say, "YES"!

You know, poetry CAN be positive, happy, full of vibrant life, and brightness-
just like REAL LIFE can be also.

Peace. Love. Peep.

Drahdrah said...

I am fighting daily to remain away from that dark side. Faith, friends, family, and my daughter tend to bring me back. I really hope that if this is more than a poem, you have people you can reach out to that will help you out. (HUGS)

Fireblossom said...

Sweet Dulce, what's all this about staying on the dark side of the moon? Girl, I've been there enough, and there aren't any good stores or coffee places or anything. And anyway, I would miss my new friend. So please let joy in when it comes, hmm? Because it will. Really.

PERFECT picture to go with this poem, by the way.

XO

Shay

Shadow said...

the dark side is always there, otherwise there would not be light. as long as you find your way back...

Shadow said...

hey! thanks for the comment. i write in smalls, well, because that is just me... that is MY choosen style of writing. and sometimes i don't, and then i don't. i'm a girl, what can i say, i change my mind, heee heee heee. leave it there i will though, because i don't want to edit my comments (the comment moderation is only for spam purposes) since critique is critique and i wouldn't want you to think i only keep the nice comments... anyway. 'nough said. have a super day sweetheart!

Nessa said...

I see lots of fight.

Margie said...

Dear Dulce
Oh, please come back from that dark side.
Oh, I know you will.
You got spunk, girl!!!

Your poem made me very sad for you!

Margie
xxxx

Calli said...

Hey, Sweet friend~ The dark side is only temporary ~ guaranteed! We move in & out of it, and it makes us appreciate the Light even more...

Though I don't mind a down day or two, helps me think, create, dream. Then all is bright again. And, I think we create far more interesting works when we engage in the dark and the Light! yes?!

...and you leave such sweet comments for me on my page~ thank you very much!
xo~
~Calli

Jessie said...

i have a condo on the dark side of the moon ... that' where i'm currently staying. through the darkness you/i/we eventually find a sliver of light, a journey that somehow brings peace ...

eventually....

jennie_beane said...

this relates to me so much. i've been there before. you're writing in beautiful and deep. i love it. and yes, i'm going to *Follow* you lol so i can see what else you come up with.

Sylvia said...

Well, I guess the old moon is getting very populated after all. All right, you guys, let's not hold on to the past... Let's move on! Hrm... What a delightful landscape we see from here!