Pages

Sunday, October 11

Thank Goddess (II)

For Shay and all the support and inspiration she has brought to me...
.
She approaches the light
Searching for her advice…
Artemis asks,
‘Why have you come
here tonight?’
‘I see this is the right way
To pray…’

‘So is your place!’
‘I’ve come to complain…’
‘You fool, what about?
You enjoy summer strokes
On average each other day
What else is best to praise?

You enjoy your child’s smiles
Every single day
And in joy see him grow
What else can you ask for?

You can feel grief
As well as inner peace
Every time you wish
You have all the tools you need
To do so- feel relief
What else can you plead?

You are free
To choose what to undertake
Can come, go, leave
Spend as well as waste
Both money and time
Why do you decline?

Got actual friends
Here, there, everywhere
To support you
When you are in need
And despair…
There’s always a cat
Whose under chin
You can scratch

Dear, if
As you know,
Those butterflies
Are not in your stomach
But in your heart,
What are you here to ask?

Sorry- tell me again…
What was your complaint?’

_________________________________________________________________

© Dulce


15 comments:

steveroni said...

Dulce, I sure have no complaint, unless it's political, and, if so, we will talk about "other" things instead.

Your Naples Peep.
Peace!

Sylvia said...

In the deepest of the human mind, there's always a grain of insatisfaction, and the gods don't like it... Because it is what makes mankind want better of everything. In my oppinion, it's great. And God loves it.

Shadow said...

someone once said that god is in heaven, because we are never happy. in summer we complain about the heat, in winter about the cold, in drought about the lack of rain, in floods about too much. the cue in front of his door with complainants would be everlong...

The Girl With The Mousy Hair said...

How true we all have very little to complain about really but you put it much better than I.

Fireblossom said...

This is so good, Dulce!!! :-)

So true, and don't think for one minute, Missy, that I overlooked the part about the scratching under the kitty's chin! ;-)

Butterflies everywhere thank you for this!

Anonymous said...

I love butterflies, period !! no complaints here. God loves it and US..


Ps. can you tell me how you get your bloglist to show a few ? TY

Rikkij said...

D-perhaps complaint it wasn't. Perhaps just a yearning, a pining. A deeper desire not understood. Perhaps Artemis should have searched deeper and been more patient. I wonder how often people do this with their children and then the children go away to silence. Unfulfilled silence. hmmm..Good writing spurs questions. ~rick

Anonymous said...

ty for stopping over. I have commented before on your blog but do not remember, I know google acts up . I had added your blog to follow way back when. I cannot tell you why it was not in my list. I had to go back and search for you.. lol

On the blog question. I noted on the left you have a list of the blogs you follow, showing maybe 5, then there is a link that says, view all!! I was wondering how you make that happen .. LOL
Thanks.. SMILES

Ekanthapadhikan said...

Hi Dulce! I'm new to your blog and through Fireblossom at Wordgarden. Well, she was not wrong in her description of your work. You're really a marvellous writer.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I got it.. TY so much the instructions are GREAT .. TY.. smiles.. see you soon

Fireblossom said...

Aw, I LOVE the new bit at the top!

Big hugs for my Canary Islander. :-)

Margie said...

No complaints today except for it's winter and supposed to be fall, but in a few days sweet fall shall be back.
Loved the poem, Dulce!

Margie:)
xx

Dr.John said...

Fantastic. Almost makes me glad the grand kids are gone so I could visit tonight. I really like the feelings and the thoughts in this poem.
It is freeing.

Zee said...

Wow, Legendery! I love your words!

Calli said...

This is a very clever my dear friend!

keep, keep writing! and smiling! muy importante! ;)

~Calli