Pages

Saturday, October 10

Thank Goddess (I)



In an attempt to find

A way with silence

She hides from the others

And walks away

No direction

Nor intention

Finding in her path

A little transparent

Almost magical stream

Her feet longed

To get in

As she did

The coldness felt

As the best of gifts

Lies back and listens…

The sparrows

The running water

And the breeze

Inviting her to go

And meet

The goddess within.

_____________________________________________________________Camille Pissarro

(C) Dulce


Impressionists (4)
Camille Pissarro (1830-1903) was a key member of the French Impressionist group of painters. Born in St. Thomas in the West Indies, where his father was a prosperous merchant. Pissarro received his early education at a boarding school near Paris.
Pissarro settled in France 1855. He arrived in time to see the great Exposition Universelle (World's Fair) which included a large art section. Following the advice of Corot, whose landscapes he had admired at the fair, Pissarro was soon painting and sketching in small towns and villages near Paris, along the Seine, Oise and Marne rivers. He formed friendships with Paul Cézanne, Claude Monet, and other future members of the Impressionist group. . . (read more)


15 comments:

steveroni said...

Yessss! THAT is where the God or Goddess or whatever Higher Power IS--within!

I'm on the run but will view the vid later, OK?
Peace and Love.

Fareed said...

As they say, Look around and you'll be bored by the lack of inspirations. Look within, and you'll find a whole new world to begin with.

Tell me if this poem is a part of something epic?

Anonymous said...

This video presents your blog elegance. Milord from heaven.

Shadow said...

aaaaah, her way of silence is my way of silence...

One Prayer Girl said...

I love "a way with silence". Yesterday I was feeling "empty" and "silent inside". At first I thought it was a negative thing, but as I spoke in a meeting about it, I realized it was a positive. I was empty of the chatter and noise that is often there and discovered that power that comes from a Higher Power was there in full force.

Loved this poem.

PG

steveroni said...

Dulce, a little more time now--Camille Pissarro! I just LOVE his work, and when I click on a single picture the show goes on and on. Thanks for putting him in here.

Also your new heading picture is very attractive.

Realizing you are not in these blogs for recovery, I even so feel we met with a purpose here--because I remember the first contact.

So we shall see. Meanwhile, I enjoy thoroughly your blog, with its varied poem-topics, and the other stuff you throw in.

I believe we are all growing here, in one way or another, so we get on the train, and enjoy the ride, and trust that the engineer is sober today (had to get in my 'lick' for AA)! -grin!

Peace...and love.

Calli said...

Love what you've done here with the new Autumn header. Looks lovely!

The poem is beautiful...serene and love that kind of quiet.

I am pleased you are taking care of YOU! and it shows!You seem refreshed, renewed.

~Calli
xx

Dulçe ♥ said...

Thank you Calli dearest.
Yes it is so. Your supportive advice together with the others' has helped not to go so down after all!

Sylvia said...

I often pray for the moment when I'll meet the sparrows and the streams again. Away from this awful noise of war and violence once more.

Fireblossom said...

Mmm. Love this.

Pssssst, I love Impressionist art!

Sandi McBride said...

A beautiful poem to go along with a glorious painting. Thank you so much for sharing this! So glad you dropped by my place today, too Dulce.
Great post...
Sandi

Zee said...

My dear Dulce, Thank you for asking about me. I was not feeling well..I got injured and I had to rest for a while.

I love your words and I love your writing..

Rikkij said...

ahh.. I'm just happy to spy her out from the distance watch of her discoveries. Lovely words and image. ~rick

Angeles said...

Exquisito, el poema, la música y las pinturas, para disfrutar...
Besos:)

Dr.John said...

Sometimes quiet is healing, sometimes it is hurtful. Sometimes iy allows you to come back to the rest of us and sometimes it separates and hardens hearts.