Pages

Saturday, January 2

JEALOUSY




So you think you know me

… So very well

Thus, you’ve taken advantage and

Now that you know

Or think you know me

So very well...

Can play with my heart

Until I get to frustration

...

What type of satisfaction

Does it give?

...

… So very well that

Only you can understand

And I wonder how it works

What’s the macho excitement

You get?

I try to guess

...

The worst of feelings,

Powerless

Inadequate

Disappeared…

...

Read lots about

The Green-Eyed Monster

That old snake

Managing to stop my breath

Nothing works

...

Tormented by my imagination

Scenarios where you give and give

But they do not include me

...

I suffer this pain

And struggle in vain

Against this

Anger

Envy

Sadness

Anxiety

Betrayal

Paranoia

...

And you think you know me

And say you love me

But I cannot believe

Or even conceive

Oh 'cause that's how it works

Jealousy...

_____________________________________________________________

© Dulce

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Dulce, we must have had similar dreams last night!
What can it mean, is this the way the year will unfold?

You expressed this subject so beautifully!

Secretia

Angeles said...

Good!!
That is not Love, I hope you find a good Love.
Besos:)

Nevine Sultan said...

Ouch! Jealousy is one of the most destructive human emotions in the world. You've described it so well, Dulce. "Paranoia" just about sums it up, too. Nice one!

Nevine

RNSANE said...

I think jealousy can be one of the most harmful emotions we can feel but it often arises, unbidden, and eats away at our very being, sometimes unfounded but an object of our imaginations. It can fester and destroy us. It is often completely irrational but so real to us and destroys relationships completely. Your poem is so desciptive, dear Dulce.

Silver said...

Just been from Secretia. Parallel thoughts! I am jealous .. of those who can finally be reunited with their loved ones. To be free from all forms of pain that grips the physical body and heart. ~Silver

steveroni said...

Reminds me of a 1945 song JEALOUS HEART, which a girl once instructed the band to play--for ME! Imagine! --grin!

Connie Francis sings it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gt8IRjm-LE

Sharon McPherson said...

Ahh .. yes ... jealousy. Does it have to be this way?

Your poem has got me thinking ... :)

"L" said...

Dulce- you tell him! lots of power here. "L"

Opaque said...

You've elaborated on the word, jealousy quote well frankly. Keep it up!!!

Cynthia said...

Hi Dulce, you've gathered the pain
and anguish of jealousy. I admire
the way you write with motion,
an energy that moves your poem
onward into emotions, giving
them authenticity.

Sylvia said...

Very intense and mind-striking. I know that feeling... Trophies (who on Earth would want to be one?). Release yourself, my friend! All the best to you.

Dr.John said...

A bit of poetry that calls one to think of the nature of relationship. Well done.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I agree with some of the others...jealousy only causes pain and you can never relax and trust. Trust makes you feel safe. Jealousy makes you crazy.

Liam said...

Jealousy is such a waste of time. There is enough for everyone to go around.

Just Be Real said...

Totally agree that jelousy can be very painful and destructive!! Blessings.

Dulçe ♥ said...

These are really thought provoking comments... my dear friends.

Thank you!!!!!

island of peace said...

simply adorable :)

JStar said...

This is great!!! We all go through this!!! Aint no time for jealousy...Life is too short

Anonymous said...

Online Games-How to Make Money Playing Them?