Pages

Friday, February 19

Dear Knight...(55)

I don’t like to write here about my feelings if not in terms of poetry. And I hate to having to do it so as to tell everyone how sorry I feel because I’ve found out my dear Dr. John Fortress has passed away.

He always gave me lots of support, one of my first followers, although he never followed me- but he came by every single day. And his vision of poetry meant a lot to me, because he is not fond of poetry at all, as so do so many people, but for some reason I don’t know- or I do-he liked it and even gave me an award for 'Featured Blog of the Week' last September, which meant to me.. oh my- only He knows..

My Knight, as I used to call him, rests now in peace after fighting against what this material life brings to our bodies as we get to our end…And for that reason I feel obliged to dedicate this poem to him. A 55- which he was so good at.
RIP my Knight.
________________________


Knight

No matter how hard
You fight
Against death or life
The former
Will always strike
Thus, we sigh

No matter
South or north
The winds


Knight

No matter how far
You get
Or high

Where you ,ve gone
We’ll all get to
One day
Or night

Not worth the fight
It all ends
That bright!

________________________________________________________________

© Dulce

*** I love this Guest Book My dear Thom Has created- best tribute from us all!

Every Friday G.MAn , at Mr Knowitall, challenges us to post a piece of writing in just 55 words . Best of ways to get to know lots of lovely people here in Blogland. Have a go and let him know- he knows it ALL!

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he could see this poetic epitath, he would appreciate it.
Only you could write something like this, Dulce. Well done.

Secretia

Shadow said...

a beautiful tribute, dulce.

Unknown said...

What a lovely and befitting tribute, dulce.

Mine is up

http://justmeshakirack.blogspot.com/2010/02/flash-friday-55-have-you-ever.html

hugs
shakira

JStar said...

Very very touching Dulce! Love the tribute, and I am sure he would be honored. Although I never crossed paths with him, I pray now for comfort to his family and friends.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so lovely Dulce.

Brian Miller said...

a wonderful tribute...we all need our knights. nice 55.

mine is up!

Buzzard said...

Oh, his armor does shine bright in your writing.

Excellent!

Mine found here The Loft

steveroni said...

Dulce, you have done John proud--and yourself as well, in such a memory of his special friendship with you.

A beautiful "55"...Dr John is SMILING...somewhere!

Jessie said...

beautifully composed with much love and tender thoughts,

warm smiles,

Angeles said...

It all ends
That bright!
Bello homenaje, hoy me he encontrado con muchas despedidas en varios blogs.
Besos:)

Sherry said...

I love your poem for your friend - especially the ending!

Kay said...

great tribute indeed; i'm sorry to hear of the circumstances though

Serena said...

What a beautiful tribute to a fallen knight. Well done!

Monkey Man said...

Fitting and so good. Dr. John would be proud. My 55 is HERE . Come see what's up.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute my friend. Well done to an wonderful man and a dear friend to many many people. :)

Anonymous said...

He read this, I know he did. He smiled for you- as ever.

Namaste.

Ti

quilly said...

Dr. John touched each of us in very profound ways. In that sense, he will always live in.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Touching and beautiful!

Alice Audrey said...

I know how you feel. He featured me, too, and left me feeling so honored. I miss him.

The 55 I posted today isn't actually about him at all. He was far more up-beat and forward looking. Still, it seemed appropriate.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this ia really nice...a really nice tribute.

SILVIA said...

Una vez más, te superate Dulce. Mi querida maestra poeta!! Un besazo!!!!!

Peter Stone said...

That's a wonderful tribute, and pic is so atmospheric.

Nevine Sultan said...

And Your Knight is smiling down at you, now, Dulce! He is smiling...

Nevine

Alicia said...

Beautiful indeed.

Here's my 55.

Ileana said...

Moving post and a wonderful tribute to your friend, the Knight. Que descanse en paz.

G-Man said...

Dulce...
You take my breath away...
Fabulous 55.
I cherish everything you post.
And every comment you leave me.
Thank You...G-Daddy

Akelamalu said...

A beautiful tribute to our dear friend Dr. John Dulce. We will all miss him so much.

Gregorio Martino said...

I think he knows what you wrote about him and he really appreciates it. Great tribute.

Mona said...

that is a great tribute

hope said...

Very sweetly said. I think Dr. John was such a gentle influence on all of us that surely God is letting him get a peek at all the blogging tributes to him.

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Hi Dulce, A very apt tribute for Dr. John, it suits him perfectly.

Thank you for your very kind words on my blog, they were a lovely surprise and thanks to G-Man it's nice to meet you too! :)

Eaton

KB said...

I miss him too. Beautiful tribute.