Pages

Tuesday, February 16

Please, don’t




Our love has flowered

With our sweet words

Our lust

Loose, unique


You say

Red is the rose

Must be

For that you state


I love you more and more

With each day of living


Walk on my shore

And cry no more


Smitten

By each other’s charms

We rant for everything

And nothing


I want you to get nearer

Oh please, don’t


Please closer


So many wishes

In our souls


Hold onto me

For life

We are one

But we are two

Too


I don’t want to seduce you

Too much


But I do


I don’t want us to leave it

All behind


But I do


I don’t want you to need

My presence by your side

Don’t want you to crave

For my smell, my sex,

My charms


But I do


I don’t need a commitment

Not so many compliments


But I do


I don’t want to believe

You’ve got an opportunity

Next to me

Kissing me

Whenever, wherever

You please


But I do


I don’t want to lose my freedom


But I do


I want to keep being

All by myself

My chosen solitude

My self in myself

No need to share


But I don’t.

_______________________________________________________________

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an absolutely stunning use of words! Sad, but not sad! Loved it.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

great words, dulce! loved this!!!

and thanks so much for always having such nice words at my place! have a great day!

Brian Miller said...

great tension created in teh contrasts...a bit torn. smiles.

JStar said...

I love the contrast in this girl...It’s JUST how our brain works when not trying to fall in love or need someone...The indecisiveness of back and forth...Wanting and craving but then your mind has something to say as well...

Sylvia said...

Great poem. I can't help diving in these conflicts. So it is love... All a contradiction. Supreme.

Jessie said...

well done. you can feel the tug of war ...

clean and crazy said...

just love stopping by. everytime i read your words i am engulfed with gushy thoughts of my own sweetie.

LarryG said...

we cannot burst from within extolling the revelations of love, and keep quiet at the same time,
what a dynamic tension you have proclaimed!
i love it Dulce -

SILVIA said...

Sublime, querida Dulce. pero que lindo escribes cielo. Un besazo!!!

Elizabeth Wilber said...

I do
I don't
I will
I won't

So what am I going to do? (A song.)

In English, "Have my cake and eat it also".

Sweetest poet, you WILL find your way to happiness.
Love.

Nevine Sultan said...

So filled with the contradictions and warring emotions we feel when we love. Your words are beautiful, and perfectly measured, Dulce. Yum!

Nevine

Fireblossom said...

Makes complete sense to me. Why is it that men find women confusing, anyway?

Rick said...

damned if we do, damned..love the push me pull me thing. not as much as...well, you know. Excellent enticement here. ~rick

Anonymous said...

This is a fine expression of contentment and satisfaction with the way your love is. Love is best like that, when it tingles like fine ice crystals on skin.
What a gifted poet you are!

Secretia

Nikki (Sarah) said...

the strength of love in this poem pulls me right into it and reminds me of the dance of love...of passion...of purpose. ☺

beker said...

Dulce, te dejo un abrazo grande:)

Reysagrado said...

Don´t you believe me when I say that you are marvellous?

I do;)