Pages

Sunday, February 21

WHO AM I



















Who Am I?


How I dare...


Of course there’s no answer to that

But sometimes

I can get to have

A good day

Any day

And talk to myself

As in a delirium

And so write and say…

…………………

The delight of letting myself go

Into the abyss

The pleasure of running into myself

By chance

And on purpose


The relief of shedding my tears

In my own hands

Looking at the one I am

In the mirror


The satisfaction of being

Overjoyed

Cause I am here by my side


Ever since my life began

To be, somehow

Like this I try to depict

I looked for this encounter

And here it is

Love

Love

Love


Ashamed I am, though

For not finding

A better way

To call this—let’s try again

………………..

Who am I?


I am exactly the same

But completely different


It’s when the sea meets the sky in the horizon

It’s the peace I’ve only got to feel

Two, maybe, three times

For a second

In this lifetime


It’s much more than simple matters of the heart

Or…

Mind the mind

Or the understanding

The sympathy


I am

That piece of land and sea

Which is but

The whole globe

And this tiny look

Driven away with the breezes

From those unidentified galaxies


It’s fire

And fireworks

It’s the whole ocean

My ocean


What remains unknown

Because the depth is down- so down

Too far away


It’s nothing

Compared to everything

And

It’s everything

Compared to the whole.

________________________________________________________________________Deviantart Image

24 comments:

who said...

damn! Dulce you can definitely change your name to sweetest poetry!

could today be the birth of a new star? if so you'd be it cause

you shine! happy birthday to the sweetest poet

Caio Fern said...

wonderful post dear Dulce.....
impossible to do not indentify with your words .

katrin said...

Wow!
this is so amazing, i just found you this morning.
And this poem expresses perfectly, where/who i am, or at least striving to be, but haven't figured it out yet.
Thanks for being, who you are!

Michael K. Althouse said...

Interesting coincidence... your post and mine today.

Nevine Sultan said...

And this is the question to which we're all dying for the proper answer... Who am I? And you've made it seem like it's so easy to answer that question, Dulce. But you see... it isn't. Not for me, at least. But you are a woman who knows yourself. And I love that about you. Beautiful... beyond mere words, Sweetest!

Nevine

Margie said...

WOW!
Wonderful writing!
I loved it!
One of your best, Dulce.

Margie :)
xx

Anonymous said...

You are a brilliant writer my friend. I loved this :)

Alexandra MacVean said...

I feel like you are writing about me in some ways. You really are a brilliant writer. Your ability to put your thoughts to paper blows my mind.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

I love this Dulce..lovely!!

steveroni said...

"It’s nothing
Compared to everything
And
It’s everything
Compared to the whole."

That is about all one can say with certaintly.

Take care--and why stress over who he is, and who you are? Would it not be simpler to just enjoy life as it unfolds?

Take care...and PEACE!

S. Susan Deborah said...

I am

"That piece of land and sea

Which is but

The whole globe

And this tiny look

Driven away with the breezes

From those unidentified galaxies"

Powerful lines. A kind of communion with the unseen and seen.

Words are powerful and yours is a thunderbolt for the senses.

Joy always,
Susan

Gregorio Martino said...

Very timely post today Dulce. I have been riding a razor's edge lately and don't know which way to turn. I have had a calling from one side begging me to come on board but If I commit then this is all gone. What to do, what to do???

JStar said...

Takin a bow :)

Jessie said...

WOW!!! "this" was fabulous!!!
please take a bow...

throwing roses on your stage with warm smiles,

Martin said...

I am getting happy toknow who you are.

Zuzanna said...

It's amazing.

The Girl With The Mousy Hair said...

You write so often of love, it was no suprise to find it in who you are. x

island of peace said...

simply lovely.

Kay said...

oh yeah! Bring it on, whatcha got! :) great reflection today

Anonymous said...

wow, what a beautiful poem
Dulce somehow you never lose that ability to make this crowd stand on the edge of their seat when reading your poems.

Tammie Lee said...

your poem is wonderful and reads for me like a birthday exploration. The first comment says Happy Birthday to you. Was your birthday yesterday? Mine was the day before. If your birthday was or is to come, I wish you a year that feels wonderful to you! May many dreams come true.

Dulçe ♥ said...

Ohhh
I love that BOW thing

Blushing!

You are all SO lovely---Cannot find the way to thank you as you deserve... but I'll try!!
I promise! :)

;)

Anonymous said...

Dulce, this is so good, it deserves to be hanging in an art gallery, your Gallery of Sweeter Poetry!

Wait. What? said...

Very thoughtful posting!