Pages

Sunday, August 15

All Ears




Here I am...
Sitting on the pity-pot
...
What a shame, a pity, a loss...

It is not over, except maybe
The past life is over,
Up to you...

The time is now,
But not for what you are wishing.
There is no death happening here,

As long as I am loving you,
And you are willing to change your thinking...

(I love you)

There is only life in the future,
A life lived here in work and love,
Joy...

….Why is it we feel so sorry for ourselves
Instead of crawling out of our sewers,
Lifting ourselves up,
And taking advantage of the counsel,
The friendship,
The love of others...
Which is often so freely available
And given…

(Have I told you ‘I love you’ yet?)

Ah! A happy moment!

Remember that moment
This moment
Leave all the other moments
Years
To the fires of hell.

(But...)


Feeling so sorry for yourself…
And all you could have done and been
In the past.

It borders on depression.
But why?

(I love you)

...This is now.
The past is no more.
The past is a non-happening.
Stop, will you?
Sitting on the pity-pot...

OK-
For sure I will
...


Have I told you ‘I love you’ yet?



THANK YOU, SAM.
(Sam is for Samuel & Samantha...)


___________________________________________________________________

10 comments:

S. Susan Deborah said...

"Have I told you ‘I love you’ yet?"
This moves more like a internal reflection of a state which seems to overpower us. So many truths, emotions, probabilities knitted together.

Dulce, I would like to read all your poems together one after the other. It would be a wonderful treat which I can treasure for days and years to come :)

Joy and peace,
Susan

The Girl With The Mousy Hair said...

Sitting on the pity pot is such a wonderful mental image.
I think a little love would always get me off the pot.
xxx

Sam Liu said...

A beautiful and mesmerizing love poem, Dulce. I agree with Susan's comment, all your wonderful poems together would make a marvellous read :)

Desert Rose said...

Great lines Dulce..

Here I am...
Sitting on the pity-pot...

pure bliss..i reread it twice,every time i almost heard my racing heartbeats..love it and you are stunning! i agree with all..it is MESMERIZING!

rennschnecke (Starranger) said...

love is only for some , but not for everyone .
to Karrie , you could know where it´s from !!
;-)

Brian Miller said...

the most important thing is read in between...though often get lost in the pity for other things...

Toni M.M. said...

Have I told you ‘I love your poems’ yet?... I DO!!

Kisses,
tOnI

Nikki (Sarah) said...

hmmm. the power of love to break through the pity party blues...awesomely written... ☺

steveroni said...

There is only one life--it is now! A few minutes ago, "now" was the future!

"...lived in work, love, and joy..."

Remember the happy moment(s)

The past is a non-happening...

Thoughtful powerful expressions here, of common experiences. SO well held together in a manner reminiscent of the passacaglia, a recurring theme of haunting necessity "..have I told you yet?"

This writing is truly an inspired "happening"! Be grateful for your talents, use them wisely.

Have I told you? Besos, woman!

JStar said...

Oh Dulce...I SOooo needed to hear this...I often fall back into depression when I need to live in the moment and be happy....