Pages

Monday, August 9

August 9th is for Birthday



This I wrote for you today

On this day,
Which, since I met you
Became yours and only
My dear lady’s day

This I wrote to say…

I don’t know if you know
You mean this to me and more .

You,
...witness of my disbelief
You,
... wise lady
Full of the highest respect
Over the self.

Oh Sweetie, you crazy
You,
...feet on the ground...

Oh Sweetie, c’mon, come down
And I start to accept...

Together we’ve shared
Greatest laughter
Saddest pains
And loads of claptrap
As well

This I wrote to you today

With you I celebrate
This present, my way.

I hope for this
You don’t cry-
But raise your glass
Really high!
________________________________________________________

To my dearest Meneta, on her birthday.


Image> Many Happy Returns of Your Birthday, Victorian Lady (Author Unknown)


13 comments:

JStar said...

Great tribute :)

Brian Miller said...

i bet you gave her a huge smile today with this present...and friends like that are great! hope she has a wonderful birthday!

Patricia 333 said...

I hope for this
You don’t cry-
But raise your glass
Really high!

Gracias por no olvidarte de mi , yo te pido disculpas porque no he venido a sludarte , Levantemos la copa bien alta y brindemos para no llorar

Un abrazo querida amiga

Sam Liu said...

This is so sweet, Dulce. A beautiful poem, and a marvellous birthday wish. How wonderful true friends are :)

S. Susan Deborah said...

I wish the best for you and Meneta. Life is always lovely with friends around.

Joy and happiness,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hau`oli La Hanau to Meneta. What a beautiful birthday present you sent her :)

rennschnecke (Starranger) said...

very nice from you !! ;-)

GYPSYWOMAN said...

how absolutely lovely, lady! an incredibly beautiful homage to a dear someone! many many bluemoon wishes to her from here -

by the way, you should drop by my gypsywomanworld blog sometime should you be so inclined - i've been in a songmood of late - so come on by and enjoy a lyric or two or three - see you there! ;)

Dulce said...

This Meneta (nickname) friend of mine... so shy, despite wise... just cannot write here to tell me how happy this has made her... And I feel sooooo gooood for that.

I love you 'sister'...

Dulce said...

Thank YOU all my friends for coming hre today to read this tribute
Love you ALL!

D.
;)

steveroni said...

Wonderful girl MENETA, obviously is a very close-to-you-friend or relative ('sister', you just commented). SO deserving she is. This good of friend is not easy to develop and nurture...and KEEP!

These--also I enjoy a few--are treasures which God has put in our keeping for safety. There's and ours.

Thank you Dulce, for reminding us how to remember not only this one, that one, and the others--but our dear, dear, dearest FRIENDS!

Blessings to you both!

Carla Bruni said...

Incredible tribute and, of course, the best present everybody could have from you, your own words.

You're simply the BEST!!

From the French presidential palace, greetings to you!

Kisses

Carla

Lisa Ursu said...

such a heartfelt birthday tribute.
absolutely beautiful.