Pages

Friday, August 13

Assumption



Hoping you are...
You know
Knowing and never forget

You are who you are
And that’s not child’s play
And no one, not even you are essential.

Hoping you are...
You accept

Accepting there is no way back
And miracles do not occur
And time is not going to stop
For you
Or anyone.

Hoping you are...
You realize
Realizing I am not by your side
And never will

So please do not insist
On taking me to paradise.

Hoping you are...
You exist
Existing here in me
If only in this futile
Sublime manner
Which I’ve tried to understand
Still I can’t.

Hoping you are...
You desire
Desiring the best from me
Especially to me
We don’t belong to one another
And never will.


Hoping you are...
You hope
Hoping there is some hope

You still might keep.

__________________________________________________________________
Deviantart image

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dulce, you always part the movement of love so very well....

Kay said...

way to crush a soul (heart)... :)

had to read it twice and it reminded me of how I have missed you so (busy times = less reading)...

loved your commentary on the price of invincable. you nailed it on the head as I have been watching some old Marilyn movies and it was probably partially inspired by her.


you're a bright one! :)

this particular write, I would call it a 'realist' interpretation.

Sam Liu said...

A very poignant poem, Dulce. The profoundest of thoughts are woven into your words, as always, you astonish. This is a wonderful write.

Carrie Van Horn said...

Truly beautiful words...hope can keep us hanging on. Love your poetry! :-)

steveroni said...

Dulce is Dulce....

Brian Miller said...

all the air just went out of my balloon...

Everyday Goddess said...

You are right about time, it does not stop for anyone. Really well done!

S. Susan Deborah said...

The picture is so lovely! Almost like shadows of the real. And the words, on the surface they seem quite simple but they contain so much pain and sadness. But still hope remains . . .

Joy always,
Susan

Carla Bruni said...

Hi Dulce,

This one is perhaps the most I like from you. You express firmly your own feelings, without fear or regrets, being yourself one more time and with the firm conviction that a great future still exist.

Let me say, dear friend, how I said before, you're a big star which shines more and more when deep night appears. Definitly, I love this one!!

So continue in this way, improving yourself. I'm so proud of you!!
Take care friend!

Dressing to kill!