Pages

Monday, August 31

TUG of WAR

BAck is the King
Hiding his sword!
You came along with that smile on your face.

You came up with caressing hands.
I came down to your feet
.
I thought I’d turned the page,
But the treacherous wind
Pushed it back
.
Why do you insist
On this tedious, fatiguing return

To my mind?

Seems I have no wings

To fly away from your image-

My inspiration

For my best love making.
Fed up with this imagination…
Here comes the king!
Why do you insist

On staying where I am not welcome?

Saw you kissing me

Got aroused by your whispering
Why do you insist?
Why do I persist?
I thought I’d turned the page
But it’s open again In the very same place.
Back is the king!
Work and time

Wasted.

Why do I insist?

What the hell brought me
To this never ending condition?
Stuck in another woman's reign!
Do set off with all your troops
Do set out. Leave my land

Vanish away
And let new breezes
Blow in my track.

© Dulce

14 comments:

Rikkij said...

I'm thinking King David would appreciate this. He would smile and call for you. ~rick

Dulçe ♥ said...

Oh! I don't think so...(shame)
If only, only if only!
Thank you Rick :)

Indi said...

'wow' what beautifully written words.

Liam said...

I feel like that sometimes. I want it then I don't. But I can't stop.

Very expressive.

Dr.John said...

You do capture people's feelings very well.

Silvia said...

That's a treacherous situation where you always loose. Get rid of him, as soon as you can. Release your mind. :)

Margie said...

Hello Dulce
May your wings of freedom take you to that place of contentment and joy...oh much joy!

So poignant are your words...so expressive!
Take good care, my poetic friend!

Margie:)

Margie said...

Always we must take care of ourselves first!
I know that so well.

A hug for you across the many miles!

Margie:)

Calli said...

I agree with Liam...Very Expressive!

Keep that passion going~

~Calli

steveroni said...

I think you capture YOUR feelings very well, DD. Reading your words makes me blush in mini shame for every man, King or no, who allows himself to "happen" like that to a woman.

It ALWAYS takes two.....

Anonymous said...

I got a few ideas about what to comment about the king, but first, who is he?

Shadow said...

the power of attraction that above the mind...

Jessie said...

very well done!

smiles,

Unknown said...

Seems I have no wings
To fly away from your image-
My inspiration
For my best love making.

nice job, dulce...
smiles,
Sue