Pages

Wednesday, August 19

EagerNESS


Before I’m sent to a madhouse,
I must enjoy my madness.

Before another man fills me up
with bitterness and deceitfulness
,
I’ll make the best
of all this Sweetness
which sprouts everywhere
.
Before joy becomes corruptness,
let’s have more
of that freeness,

that frankness,
that absurdness.

Before agedness seizes me all over,
I promise to commit myself to yet

more girlishness,
more laziness,
more sexiness…

Before I am overcome
by any type of dullness,

I’ll keep on
with my drunkenness,
my positiveness,
my sublimeness…

Before it’s too late,
and that might be right tomorrow,

I’m going to lean on
more cheerfulness,
wiseness,

uniqueness,
absoluteness.
Oh yes!
Let it be
Let this eagerness of mine
keep on blowing and flowing
Like this!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(C) Dulce

12 comments:

Silvia said...

And God bless the easiness and the gentleness how words flow from your fingers.

Dr.John said...

I hope it does keep blowing and flowing.

steveroni said...

Dulce, I will answer this using your own final two words: "LIKE this!"

I'm really a sucker for poetry, and just beginning to understand some of it

I used to like the kind that rhymed, or had a certain kind of beat: THE HOUND OF HEAVEN, i.e.

Unknown said...

Where does the time go, huh? And the energy, enthusiasm, lust and curiosity...

I'm sitting on my couch, with laptop on lap, watching an old episode of Scrubs on TIVO and I ask myself, "Is it too late?"

No, it's never too late.

Well done :)
Sue

Rikkij said...

Oh, please don't lose that exuberance for life whatever the form. Friggen chew it to the bone, then stew the bone. I'm cheerin ya on! ~rick

thoughts said...

Its so beautiful and so very like my life.. live life to the core while you can..

Shadow said...

absolutely! let's never grow up!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm on my teenage years and I think these are the right years to enjoy the madness and confusion.

Nessa said...

Oh, beautiful. i love the call to freedom, childisheness - JOY!

Liam said...

I really like the images you place beside your words.

Very, very, powerful.

steveroni said...

Hey, where did you go?

Zee said...

Dulce...
Oh, you made my heart sing with this poem. It has the madness that I like..Nothing better than a mad love. Again, I love the picture..Keep amazing us!