Pages

Wednesday, August 19

Not a Sporty Girl I Am



How quickly they can change
From one to another…
These lucky men:
They go alone
To a bar or disco
And attractive they remain
We women cannot be seen
By ourselves in those places:
That gives people
Food for thought!
This One went there once
Out of not so many
After divorcing Jane and all the stuff
Two sweet children in the world,
With Mom at that moment- as usual…
Leaning on the bar
He could observe:
Girls were vain Barbies
Boys > starving Vultures.
The barwoman
with Barbie eyes asked,
‘Anything to drink?’
‘No, thanks.’
Went home
Woke up early
No hangover
Off he went
Running along the beach
Felt superb…
Shame I was
One of those Barbies
Or one of the Vultures!?
All the same…
I still sleep alone
And He’s already got
The right Girl!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Dulce

11 comments:

steveroni said...

No drink?
Went home alone?
Woke up early?
No hangover?

Some would call you very "Lucky!"

Sherry said...

I love the title. Not a Sporty Girl I Am either!!

Rikkij said...

I'm thinking the guys not so lucky as you suppose and the gals not so confident as Barbie. The rest I'm still mulling over. Love to read you. ~rick

Shadow said...

that age-old different rules thing. it pisses me off....

Silver said...

;)better be safe than sorry..

i find your "Awakening" Post really nice. The expressions and the pic too. Very artistic.

btw, sweeetie. I am making a special stop for you- and hope to find you well too. thks for thinking of me.. ;)

Shadow said...

in answer to your question, there are rules for boys and rules for girls and they hardly overlap, nor are they fair...

Unknown said...

I love the clever exposure of sterotypes. And I couldn't help but think...

When I was out there, I looked like the Barbie, but thought like the vulture.

Good work...
-Sue

Dulçe ♥ said...

Oh yes but we are getting more and more alike in many ways... essentialy though- what a huge difference.
So what progress have we made?

Anonymous said...

That's a sad story, still a couple of drinks wouldn't kill anyone, without getting an hangover. That's what people usually do in those situations, but they just exagerate in the quantity of alcohol.

Sylvia said...

What a disappointment. At least, they both survived. I hope there will be new clouds to catch...

Zee said...

Me too..not a sporty girl! I love the honesty in this poem...Keep writing!