Pages

Monday, August 10

Just Come

Please wait for me.
I ignore the reason
This comes to my mind.
Soft easiness in my standing
Moving slowly to my self satisfaction.
Returning from the land
Where lizards eat in your hand
Swallows announce some change
In the weather tomorrow.
A huge rock rolling
Down a steep, long mountain
Shocks my sight of it
Huger ones stand for centuries on end
In the blue sea
Caressed by the everlasting wind
At this side of the island.

No more clouds in summer
Please.
Never at ease
Like the cat that swallowed the canary…

Back to cartoons and games
Expectations of a new change
Further challenge
Further distance.

Open your mouth dinosaur
No matter the dream
I can deal with it
Yes, I can, I can!
Some strength gained
After this my little getaway.

© Dulce Rosales

5 comments:

Shadow said...

i think i could...

Sylvia said...

Great optimism in your words, fighting against dinosaurs and other lizards. Keep your strenght, the changes may come... Hopefully. Lovely poem.

thoughts said...

innocent optimism.. full of natural beauty, anyone who has lived close to nature and relished that living will feel your poem by heart.

steveroni said...

Men get away also, and also dream, and yes, even say "I can, I can, I also can". And come back renewed, refreshed, ready to "trudge again the road to happy destiny"...

(See Mom! I CAN identify with that --grin1)

Zee said...

Poetry and art are perfectly matching each other in your blog. I have to admit your talent and your taste of art are wonderful...