Pages

Wednesday, August 26

HALF QUEST


I’ve run with wolves

Who hurt me badly

Seen the light

With dazzling eyes

Made wrong calls

Which ruined the plan

I’ve played with clowns

Who laughed at me

I’ve reached the top

Of a brisk walk

Lived astounded

A beloved’s agony

I’ve perceived God

And then deceived me

I’ve flown with angels

But lost my patience

Made up myself

After losing all hope

Defied fate

After losing lots of battles

Been able to tear the list

Of those fake lovers

I’ve trudged alone

While cried and yelled my head off

Learnt and forgotten

Had to start again

I've seen myself insane

Had to start again

In my mentioning these few

I’ve suffered, I’ve smiled

I’ve surrendered

I’ve survived.

........................................................................................................................................................................

© Dulce

13 comments:

steveroni said...

...and started again? Surviving-- Surrendering.

MY insanity was in thinking I could do the same old thing and achieve a different result. Drink and not get (a little?) drunk. Take a pill and not get (a little?) high.

So today (only today!), whatever I do, at least I KNOW! I do not have to ask myself the next day.

Anonymous said...

The painting shown on the post is so misterious, this woman sat on water with the waves beating against her, she has this facial expression as if she is crying, then the light sky with a dark moon and square stars. Such a strange painting.

Michelle said...

I loved this.

You are quite talented darling, and you know yourself so well.

annalarssonphotography said...

I see myself through this poem.
"I've surrendered
I've survived."

I just found your blog, but I know I will come back.
You are truly talented!
Is it your paintings too?

Anna

Silvia said...

Your way has been long and hard. You survived, that's great. Only a few learn how to do it. I'm not one of those, unfortunately.

Margie said...

I have read through many of your poems & think they are just wonderful!

Loved this poem!

Margie:)

Shadow said...

somehow, not surviving, is not an option...

Dulçe ♥ said...

thank you all

Liam said...

So you have seen a few things. I guess in order to know pleasure we must also know pain.

Dr.John said...

Great poem.
Does it describe your journey or a view of a journey?

Dulçe ♥ said...

I've known pain Lianm dear, unfortunately- as most of us, I guess.
And Dr John,
it's my journey... well, a small part of it...

Jessie said...

you my dear have LIVED!!!

smiles,

Zee said...

I salute your feelings..and I salute your talent.. again, true feelings..a live story happening in front me...You got Talent Dolce..keep writing!