Pages

Saturday, August 15

THE TIME BEING

This is just a matter of choice:

How awesome the sight of you,

Any vivid feeling of you.

I turn and there you are.

If I don’t

You are there too, but,

Unaware-

This is blindness, madness,

Lack of common sense.

Just undergoing your intrinsic aim

makes this my world trustworthy…

That can be anyone or anything

Beginning with F, M or S.

Any drop of rain.

The far away stars.

The smell of the wind.

The flavour of my guilty beers.

It’s the time I’ve lived,

All the years I’ve suffered

and enjoyed.

It’s my Brother’s loss.

My Son’s impassive presence.

It’s my best friend’s catching laughter.

All the men I’ve adored

And those who managed to adore me.

A simple smile from an unknown.

All the efforts from the handicapped.

It’s the Sun, the Moon, the Sea…
It’s Mother Nature and

The incomprehensible outer space.

My plants as they grow.

My loneliness as it grows.

Every candle I light.

and the ”there- must- be -a –good-

reason- for- such- disgrace.”

I turn to wish this luminosity

was my eternal companion.

Now I’ve come to understand:

What we call God

Is everything between

Myself and Death.

© Dulce Rosales

6 comments:

Shadow said...

mmm, a choice it is. and thus, changeable, interchangeable and flexible, between now and infinity

steveroni said...

Also have I come to this: I’ve come to understand:
What we call God
Is everything between
Myself and Death.

God is every thing and everybody. Or, He is "nothing".

Hey D. Rosales, you and Shadow are two of those several blogs I look for daily, in anticiption of being lifted in spirit from here to there, at least for the moment!
Gratias!

Anonymous said...

There are good questions: What is God? Where does he live? Does he have a postal code? What does life mean?

steveroni said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dr.John said...

Beautiful and well written.
But you are way ahead of me . Though I walkl with God and have served Him for a lifetime I do not understand anything except how much He loves me.

Rikkij said...

So many think of God as "I Dream Of Jeannie" just make a wish and *poof* I think it is too complex to understand and too simple to comprehend. Our minds just can't wrap themselves around it fully. ~rick