Pages

Wednesday, August 12

MOTHER & CHILD // MARY CASSATT


SON OF MINE
>My darling, my son, so gorgeous,
So perfect in every sense.
My deepest love evolves,
Surrounds your aura
With your sweet laughter.
>On your smile and presence
I depend to keep on
With the weight of life,
Which only makes sense
Since the day you were born:
That’s RELIANCE...
>Wanna hug you and kiss you
All day long.

When you cry my broken heart
Develops into painful pieces…
Fortunately, my spirit gets peace
Every time I see you.
>Certainly, I could not
Live without You, my Dear.
No matter how I try-
Words are vain to define this:
That’s UNUTTERABLE...
.
>This connection is even harmful.
Motherhood is not a state,
Not a way of living,
It’s beyond nature,
Beyond the ‘never ending land’,
It overflows all bounds, all wisdom,
The infinite and vast space:
That’s BIZARRE...
>Spoilt?
Who could help it?
My angel, my bravest and delicate
Little Man
Oh honey!
Moan more, demand more
Make me angry
So as not to worship you so much
So as to deal with my own life
A bit more
And so you with yours:
That’s FONDNESS, ADORATION, PASSION...
That’s LOVE…

© Dulce Rosales
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mary Stevenson Cassatt (May 22, 1844 – June 14, 1926) was an American painter and printmaker. She lived much of her adult life in France, where she first befriended Edgar Degas and later exhibited among the Impressionists.
Cassatt often created images of the social and private lives of women, with particular emphasis on the intimate bonds between mothers and children.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 comments:

paramveer said...

thats a fine description of sucha holy relation.........

Anonymous said...

El amor del una madre e sua hijo.

Shadow said...

who ever said motherhood is easy....

Silvia said...

Magnificent painting you chose. Your words are moving and sweet. I love the poem.

thoughts said...

thats the most precious gift of life.. to one it gives a thing which he can keep for the rest of his life and to the other it means creating something so very own and moulding him into a beautiful being.

Dulçe ♥ said...

Son's Love, mother's love... Wow
hard beautiful work.
Thank you for your comments. friends

steveroni said...

Music, art, beautiful prose, and awesome poetry--all are gifts of God to give me a preview of heaven.

God speaks (and acts) through humans, for how else could we understand his words?

Fireblossom said...

How neat! I enjoyed the video. I like it that she includes cats and ducks and things in her paintings, as well as people. I liked the music as well!