Pages

Tuesday, August 11

Empty Advantage


A picture needs help depict…

By grace or disgrace.

That day when you came walking down

Those stairs

Among many others

I know you only could see me.

I was not looking but saw you too.

That was our first time,

But there was a third and a hundredth.

I committed the usual mistake,

Because it was then

That I began

To feed my illusion:

How nice, how handsome

Well… at long last!

Someone has shown up

To fulfil my dream

Fate was on my side

How clearly I could see

Us together.

Lucky me!


But nope!

I took advantage once more-

Once more I rushed into saying

What a woman can never say,

What a woman is not expected to

Declare openly

How much I love you.

Now I stand looking

At this once more

Empty staircase.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Dulce

7 comments:

thoughts said...

simply wonderful. how we sometimes make a fool of ourselves. been there, done that..dont know about you.

Anonymous said...

You write beautiful poetry!

Dr.John said...

A real problem caught well in a poem.
Thanks for your last comment on my blog. Awards are at best weird on the internet and an award actually tied to a real skill almost unheard of.
Glad your back. Look forward to reading your writing.

steveroni said...

Wow! Now I see why Shadow (a friend) reads your stuff. You and she do have some common denominator.

Dulçe ♥ said...

Maybe it's the fact we are both snakes?
I've crawled and grovelles a great deal for love> no good...

Zee said...

I may admit that your poems are amazing. You have got real talent and your style in writing is very simple and clear. This style makes your poems attractive to the reader. I salute your talent and keep up the great work! I am following your blog for sure...

Fireblossom said...

Dulce, I think we frighten them a little, when we simply say, this is me, this is how I feel.

If you should ever like to email me, you can contact me at

fireblossom32 at gmail dot com.

I am burying this here so that I am not giving my email to the whole western world! I hope that you get notifications for comments. :-)