Pages

Sunday, August 30

Growing UP


Impossible to go through life…

Without a badly done work

Without a disappointing friendship

Without a health problem

Without a relative’s death

Without a lover’s abandonment.

That’s the price of life.


Yet our reactions to all that

Makes the difference.

If our aim becomes collecting

Eternally bleeding wounds,

We’ll live like injured birds-

Unable to fly.


We grow when we still can see hope

And some will and faith remains.

We grow when reality is accepted

And have enough courage

To go on existing.


I grow when I accept my fate

And have the desire

To make a change work out

I grow by learning

From what I’ve left behind

Devising what is in front…

I grow every time I excel myself,

Love myself and bear fruit.

As I give in,

As I leave marks on my way

Collecting experiences…


I grow as I challenge goals

No matter the negative comments

Or mockery of the others.

I grow every time I get the best

Of my strong character.

Supported by my knowledge, my wisdom,

My sensitiveness, my humanity.

I grow when I face winters without leaves

When I pick up thorny flowers…


I grow as I help my fellow human beings

Giving Life more than I get from It.

I grow when I stand

And don’t get back

When I fight tooth and nail.


Dropped and weighed anchor

Then I feel I shine like a star

Then I feel I'm alive-

I’ve grown UP.

© Dulce

15 comments:

Liam said...

I don't know where you get it from it just pours out of you. Bravo!

Sylvia said...

Those are wise and huge words. It's painful, this process of growing. And it tastes like honey...

Silver said...

Wisdom and Maturity. Good going, girl.

As for the Following, i just checked, it's still there(at least mine :). Don't worry. Most of the "changes" that sometimes takes place are mostly temporally. Give it a day or two, it usually gets back to normal.

steveroni said...

You DO shine like a start. I believe one never "grows up" (well, maybe just because I never did??? -grin!)

Keep giving, keep growing, keep writing, keep living, , keep loving.

Margie said...

Expressed so well and I loved it!
Thank you!

Margie:)

thoughts said...

its completely wonderful.

Rikkij said...

Amen, Sister!
so many love the life of victim they settle in and comfortably drown. Nicely done ~rick

Dulçe ♥ said...

This is what I usually think and hardly ever feel!!!
Who said life is easy?

Writing is easy , life is not.
I adapted and traslated this from Spanish. I love it. It's a piece of advice I wanted to give to myself and everyone...
But why is it that the best inspiration we get when life has been disappointing to us?

Akelamalu said...

I like your poem - growing up isn't easy but it is necessary.:)

Jessie said...

Well done!
Life is the older sister of growing up, and they still walk hand-in-hand...

smiles,

G-Man said...

Very nicely put Dulce...

You gotten it My Dear!!!!

Shadow said...

i think you've got the right idea...

Indi said...

Hi Dulce ~ I couldn't have put it better myself, you hit the nail on the head there.. blistfully delightful.. each and every word written with the strengthh that it was meant for

The Square Corner said...

I'm glad I discovered you. This is fine writing.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I LOVE this poem! A lot of wisdom in it. I especially love the idea of "collecting wounds" and living as injured birds unable to fly". Very powerful truth there.Love having "enough courage to go on existing", and I LOVE the last stanza. Great one, Dulce!